We would like to create a widget for displaying achievement point totals/leaderboards in a similar format to PictoChart (Which we currently manually update via google sheets).

The information is available in SIMS so it would save schools time and effort and be an excellent way for students to engage with Frog. 

I have pasted a copy of the points page (with PiktoCharts) to help describe what we are after. They are also nicely animated! Does anyone have the skills to be able to attempt something in Frog Academy?

Capture.JPG

24 minutes ago, Stuart Green said:

We would like to create a widget for displaying achievement point totals/leaderboards in a similar format to PictoChart (Which we currently manually update via google sheets).

The information is available in SIMS so it would save schools time and effort and be an excellent way for students to engage with Frog. 

I have pasted a copy of the points page (with PiktoCharts) to help describe what we are after. They are also nicely animated! Does anyone have the skills to be able to attempt something in Frog Academy?

Not too familiar with PiktoCharts, but I'm assuming hoping that when you embed their graphs, they contain a string with all the variables.   Can you share an embed code?

If they do, then it should be relatively straight-forward to use the get Frog's APIs to produce data - then the only problem is having to make so many API calls (one per student) and then sort them for the top 5 results.

@adamw - is there are simpler way to assertain the Top 5 positive behaviour students?

Adam's had a chat with me and pointed out that unfortunately, even though we have APIs, we don't have a summary API and the existing ones have security built into them, preventing students accessing other students details.

So i'm afraid, you're stuck manually adding the data for now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Phil Stiles
      Hi, I am trying to create a widget that is able to pull the Total Positive Behaviour Points into a variable, the end result is we will use an if statement to display a specific image depending on a number of points the student has.
      I have started by testing with the HTML widget. using the below code to see if I can use the behaviour.getBehaviourTotals API to get the total points this year for the user, however, it is not working.
      <script> var $ap,user; //Create a div, and give it a unique ID $ap = $("div", { id: Frog.Utilities.generateSimpleID() } ); $ap.html( '<b>Your House Points:</b>'+ '<table clase="table" id="your_points">'+ '<tr>'+ "<th>This Year</th>"+ '</tr>'+ '</table>' ); // Use Frog's API to get the logged in student user = FrogOS.getUser(); // Use Frog's API to get Behaviour points Frog.Model .api('behaviour.getBehaviourTotals',{ Student_uuid: user.uuid, }).done(function(behaviourResponse){ behaviourResponse.data.pos.year(function(work){ $ap.find('tbody') .append( '<tr>'+ '<td>'+ data.pos.year+ '</td>'+ '</tr>' ); }); }); arguments[0].append($ap); </script> any advice appreciated.
      Phil
    • By Sean_M
      Hi All
      A staff member brought up incorporating Digital Badges into Frog (for free). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them, I hadn't really come across them before but some info and e.g. here;
      https://openbadges.org/
      https://www.iteachgroup.com/digitalbadges 
      Looks perfect to add to e-portfolios, Anything on this floating around already?
      Any thoughts to cleverly issue them, display on student e-portfolios but also allow them to be taken with them once they leave school. Any integrations into the Frog platform possible?
      Thanks,
      Sean.
    • By Aimée13
      Hi all,
      Just a quick question; if I re-upload the positive or negative points via a forced import, does that overwrite what's currently there and replace it with the new info?
      Thanks
    • By K.Ermit
      Is there a way to set up a sixth form profile, so they can have their own dashboard?
    • By Tom
      Dear Service Desk
      I have a staff calendar on my staff landing page, but some staff members can view the calendar, and some cannot - how do I fix this?