My Classes returns for assignments

Hi @mmclaughlin,

Not sure what you mean, sorry.   

If you create your own groups, as long as you add yourself and set your account to be the leader of the group, they will show up in the class list.

If your MIS creates the groups, it's important to have the extractor configured correctly to ensure the teachers of the classes are identified as such and imported into Frog.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @mmclaughlin,

If you create your own groups, as long as you add yourself and set your account to be the leader of the group, they will show up in the class list.

If your MIS creates the groups, it's important to have the extractor configured correctly to ensure the teachers of the classes are identified as such and imported into Frog.

I get it....  So for MIS imported groups they should automatically auto populate onto the list... but if you want to create other groups you have to set yourself to be the leader for them to auto populate onto your list!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @mmclaughlin,

@Graham Quince How exactly do we configure our extractor correctly to achieve this - please don't tell me this will only be available for FrogLearn only schools?

Your extractor should already be importing groups!!  Im going out on a limb here and saying if it worked in Frog 3...  as in you were shown your own classes when you went to my set work... then it should work in Froglearn??? What MIS do you use?

As far as I am aware, if that information is available in your MIS system, then it will be available in Frog. So if we can determine who is the teacher / leader of a group, then it will be added to the XML file, which in turn will be imported into Frog - and show up in groups and policies.  You can check if this is working now by opening groups and policies in Frog, opening a class group and seeing if a leader is set (which should be the class teacher).  If not, get in touch with support and we can look into it for you.

I'm fairly certain that this already works fine for SIMS and CMIS, but not sure about other MIS systems. If you do have a different MIS system and this doesn't appear to be working then get in touch with us so we can see if it is possible for us to add this in the future.

We are using SIMS and are groups are pulled in to Frog via the extractor what I am unable to find is any reference to the teacher within these groups.

I've looked at both the Frog3 toolkit and FrogLearn groups and policies area and cannot see a reference to the teacher or 'owner' of the group in either platform.

I'll give servicedesk a call

@adamw@ADT

1 minute ago, clangstaff said:

We are using SIMS and are groups are pulled in to Frog via the extractor what I am unable to find is any reference to the teacher within these groups.

I've looked at both the Frog3 toolkit and FrogLearn groups and policies area and cannot see a reference to the teacher or 'owner' of the group in either platform.

I'll give servicedesk a call

@adamw@ADT

Its probably nothing to do this how frog is set up...  but that SIMS has you down as the class teacher... which it should!!

Pants!

Sorry folks.  We've done a bit more digging.  Looks like for now (for Austen) this is only for FrogLearn schools.  A couple of assumptions were made in earlier posts - I thought it was connected to the MIS, but it turns out that's wrong.  Really sorry to disappoint everyone on Frog3/FrogLearn.

12 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Pants!

Sorry folks.  We've done a bit more digging.  Looks like for now (for Austen) this is only for FrogLearn schools.  A couple of assumptions were made in earlier posts - I thought it was connected to the MIS, but it turns out that's wrong.  Really sorry to disappoint everyone on Frog3/FrogLearn.

Alright Theresa Quince ...  stop flip flopping about............  get your facts right before getting peoples hopes up!! 

@Graham Quince Thanks for confirming albeit pretty disappointing.

I wish Frog would check and make these things clear before informing schools (not aimed at your post Graham more so the pre-release notes I was sent for Austen) as I've now told lots of teachers who are looking forward to this but will not be able to benefit. There was a very similar situation in the last release too.

• Like 1