HTML files

gbligh

41 minutes ago, gbligh said:

Hi all,

I have a bunch of HTML files which need to be uploaded into our platform. Some of the HTML files link to PDF files - any ideas?!!?

Thanks!

From what I know you would have to host it externally and then link to it....  now with Frog 3 you had an area on the server called Frogweb which you could host pages........................................................

4 minutes ago, ADT said:

From what I know you would have to host it externally and then link to it....  now with Frog 3 you had an area on the server called Frogweb which you could host pages........................................................

We have Frog 3 :D 

Just now, ADT said:

Yeah I know...  but thought you were turning it off soon.....

Not if it helps things like this easily! We will use it probably for 1% of things like this if we need to. 

If you haven't already used Frogweb....  You need to access your server via my computer...  I have a drive mapped.... internel ip address followed by frogweb such as....

168.0.0.00\frogweb

You will need the username/password...

On frog tool kit...  in Server Configuration...   you'll find the frogweb reset if you don't know what the password is!!

Untitled-1.fw.png

6 minutes ago, gbligh said:

I'm getting this message ...

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 12.55.08.png

So close and yet so far.....  not something ive seen.... guess you'll have to contact the service desk... o.O

@gbligh do you use NTLM or ADFS SSO?

I believe if you use NTLM you will need to create an AD account called frogweb on your network and use that for your Frogweb share :>

Unfortunately (as you may know) FrogLearn does not have a public Frogweb share so I think this would be the only option in this case. Natively FrogLearn has no way to "display" HTML files so the linking to PDF's would not be possible I'm afraid.

We gave up waiting for this in FrogLearn and as we are hoping to move away from Frog3 ended up moving our public website away from Frog too. This means our new website built on WP allows us to easily get public links for documents etc.

14 hours ago, clangstaff said:

We gave up waiting for this in FrogLearn and as we are hoping to move away from Frog3 ended up moving our public website away from Frog too. This means our new website built on WP allows us to easily get public links for documents etc.

Yeah that's frustrating...  why cant we share files with the outside world.....  worse still parents??????????

4 hours ago, ADT said:

Yeah that's frustrating...  why cant we share files with the outside world.....  worse still parents??????????

I'd been told this was coming several releases ago, each time the functionality being delayed. This is a classic example core functionality that was initially overlooked by Frog and never rectified which really lets down FrogLearn. We're urged to move away from Frog 3 but the only way to achieve this is by relying on alternative platforms to fill the gaps.

1 hour ago, clangstaff said:

I'd been told this was coming several releases ago, each time the functionality being delayed. This is a classic example core functionality that was initially overlooked by Frog and never rectified which really lets down FrogLearn. We're urged to move away from Frog 3 but the only way to achieve this is by relying on alternative platforms to fill the gaps.

Liar.... liar... Frog on fire!!!

I've just checked with @Chris.Smith on this and if we understand correctly, then we think FrogCode is a solution for you here.

you can upload all files into an application project, then edit the HTML to correct the links.  (Yes - it's a bit more work than Frog Web), but you should end up with a solution that works.   

@gbligh - if you can email me an example, i'll try it out and let you know.

• 1 year later...

@gbligh has been helping me test out a FrogLearn alternative to Frog3's FrogWeb.  We can use FrogCode to create a file store.  Unfortunately, you can't upload to it, but our Systems Team can, so I'm not making it visible on the community, but i'm happy to work with schools to get the static web files hosted.

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/froglearnweb

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2018 at 10:17, Graham Quince said:

@gbligh has been helping me test out a FrogLearn alternative to Frog3's FrogWeb.  We can use FrogCode to create a file store.  Unfortunately, you can't upload to it, but our Systems Team can, so I'm not making it visible on the community, but i'm happy to work with schools to get the static web files hosted.

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/froglearnweb

Could this be a solution to scorm packages? If we extract the files (.swf, .html, .js, .xsd, .xml) and put them in the file store, we should be able to change link paths and embed into FrogLearn right? :D

2 minutes ago, Sean_M said:

Could this be a solution to scorm packages? If we extract the files (.swf, .html, .js, .xsd, .xml) and put them in the file store, we should be able to change link paths and embed into FrogLearn right? :D

Yup - I have been able to get a SCORM package running using TinyLMS as part of the uploaded files.

5 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Yup - I have been able to get a SCORM package running using TinyLMS as part of the uploaded files.

Thanks @Graham Quince that's great. Sign me up! A working a example of SCORM in FrogLearn would seal the deal of turning off Frog3, it's our last puzzle piece.

18 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Yeah, but the Service Desk will be able to coordinate with you once it's all set up.

If you have any static files, drop me a line.

I get that...  but its just a bit of a faff for "some of us"...  to be constantly ringing up the Service Desk to ask for this that and the other!!   Dont get me wrong its great you have come up with a part solution to the old Frogweb!!!!  And that is appreciated!! :D

• Thanks 1