Graham Quince

Hide the first three columns in the Data-Viewer

Hi everyone,

Here's a bit of CSS you can add to an HTML widget to hide the first three columns in the Data Viewer widget should you want to:

<style>
/* Hide first three columns in Data Viewer */ 
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  th:nth-child(2),
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  th:nth-child(3),
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  th:nth-child(4),
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  td:nth-child(2),
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  td:nth-child(3),
div[data-content-uuid="WIDGET_UUID"] .dataviewer-list  td:nth-child(4){
    display: none !important;
}

</style>

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Graham Quince
      When I posted the snippet to allow you to restyle of My Notes, I hadn't thought that it wasn't as straight forward to change the title of Phrase of the Day. This bit of CSS is the easiest way I've found of changing all Phrases of the Day, although if you combine it with the the technique(?) mentioned in the restyling My Notes, you can restyle individual widgets in the same way.
      <style> .widget_phrase-wrap .header { height:50px; overflow:hidden; } .widget_phrase-wrap .header h2::before { content: 'My own title \a'; white-space: pre; } </style>  
    • By mobrien
      Dear Community,
      I have been granted a day today to develop a system for staff absence requests in School. I had originally planned on using SharePoint, but I was inspired by @Graham Quince at Frog18 yesterday and have started to look at using Frog instead. A combination of Forms, Data Viewer and the Keyword widget appear to be the key.
      I have, however, hit a couple of conundrums that I am struggling to resolve, and wonder if there might be any help from the community. Please treat me as a complete coding beginner with very little experience...
      Description:
      Teacher1 creates an 'Absence Request' site from a template Teacher1 enters details into the page describing the absence. e.g. dates, reasons etc. (I can build this all in HTML, but the forms widget will make a nicer job). They submit the data to be stored (and viewed later), AND click the 'Submit' keyword button LineManager1 sees the site in a keyword-filtered site list. LineManager1 reads the data Teacher1 entered, and approves/rejects with another keyword widget. Queries (3)
      Is there a way to create a button that will create a new site from a specific template? How do I store the data entered in the fields into he page of the site so that the owner AND line manager can read the data (not by using the Data Viewer format)? Is it possible to have a field (variable) with a button that sets a keyword equal to that field. I hope you can help. 
      Thank you
    • By K.Ermit
      Every time I add in a text widget,, I have to resize the text, as it starts too small, is there a way of setting the size be default?
    • By Graham Quince
      I've been very aware that a number of Frog3 schools are disappointed there is no equivalent to Frog Tags in FrogLearn.  And I'm told it is something we want to rectify.  The ability for schools to display your own personalised data to students inside FrogLearn is an understandably desirable option.
      While we work on an internal solution (no ETA I'm afraid), I've prepared a tutorial along with @Chris.Smith (our developer advocate) taking you through all the steps needed to set up a Google Firebase data store, query it from inside FrogLearn and display the results back in a Frog Site.
      It looks intimidating, but I've broken it down into straight forward steps for the various stages.  Once set up, updating the data becomes a simple task - arguably with fewer steps than updating the data in Frog3's toolkit.
      What this means is that you can display any information you choose to upload, so house points, your own rewards system, additional attainment information - anything you can get into a spreadsheet - provided you have a single student identifier in there such as UPN or username.  Being a Google product, Firebase is a secure data store - although being a third-party product, you should make that determination for yourself.
      https://www.frogcommunity.com/customdata
      I hope this helps.
      Graham
    • By Graham Quince
      Hi everyone,
      Here's part 2 in our Simple CSS tutorial series showing how you can use simple code to make a big change to FrogLearn:
      https://www.frogcommunity.com/css/font-size