Single Sign Ons

ADT

When are you going to pull your finger out and sort out a single sign on for Kerboodle again!!  There used to be one in Frog 3!!! :S

Anyone else have something that used to have a SSO in Frog 3???  Or ones they want to see...... List them here!!

18 hours ago, ADT said:

When are you going to pull your finger out and sort out a single sign on for Kerboodle again!!  There used to be one in Frog 3!!! :S

Anyone else have something that used to have a SSO in Frog 3???  Or ones they want to see...... List them here!!

In fairness, the original SSO was done with support from Kerboodle - then they sold themselves to OUP who rewrote the entire platform.  

When I was working in a school I called Kerboodle (both their support and via Twitter).  We are more than happy to work with OUP and Kerboodle, but it will help if you can also raise these requess with them.

Having said that, a list of 3rd party SSOs is a good idea and one I will pass on to our partner coordinator.

6 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

In fairness, the original SSO was done with support from Kerboodle - then they sold themselves to OUP who rewrote the entire platform.  

When I was working in a school I called Kerboodle (both their support and via Twitter).  We are more than happy to work with OUP and Kerboodle, but it will help if you can also raise these requess with them.

Having said that, a list of 3rd party SSOs is a good idea and one I will pass on to our partner coordinator.

You know me...  full of good ideas..... :)

Have tabled my using Frog for our Behaviour report system as your idea yet..... :P

Kerboodle is stuck in the dark ages. They still have no MIS Extractor, they still have no way of mass updating usernames and seemingly couldn't care less about fixing either issue. SSO I'm sure will meet the same lack of encouragement as well from them!!

Edited by johnmorris01
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thank you for your feedback which has been passed and is being reviewed.

At the moment I cannot advise if or when this will happen or with what 3rd part platform. We get feedback request for access through SIMS, Active Directory, Moodle, Kaleidos and many other Platforms so I know the team are looking at this and reviewing the options for the business.

Best regards
Andrew

Kerboodle Support Team
Oxford University Press

• Like 1

On 21/10/2016 at 11:50, johnmorris01 said:

Kerboodle is stuck in the dark ages. They still have no MIS Extractor, they still have no way of mass updating usernames and seemingly couldn't care less about fixing either issue. SSO I'm sure will meet the same lack of encouragement as well from them!!

Exactly what I've found, they insist that the changes they've made to account and group creation are to benefit teaching staff too.. which is an absolute joke as it is far too time consuming to get it set up as required.

20 minutes ago, clangstaff said:

Exactly what I've found, they insist that the changes they've made to account and group creation are to benefit teaching staff too.. which is an absolute joke as it is far too time consuming to get it set up as required.

We even brought in one of their reps who was adamant in telling the Science Department during their department meetings that this current way is the way forward. If I was our head of science, then I would have cancelled it the first chance I had...

Its our Science and Language department that use it!!!  They amount of money they must be getting off schools for this...  the least why can do is look at supporting the schools using it!!