Students unable to upload work to a drop box

Miss Morgan

Question

I have had a flurry of emails this evening from students saying that they have been unable to upload files of work to the drop box I have for an assignment. Students are taking photos of their work and trying to upload the files. 

Why would this be happening? 

3 answers to this question

Hi @Miss Morgan,

I've logged into your school platform and trying to spot the assignment in question.  It looks like most of the assignments have file drops which are allowing students to upload.  We might need to know the name of the assignment to work out any specific issues.

If the students are trying to use FrogSnap to hand in work, then for the moment, only the iOS version allows them to take a photo and send it to an assignment.  The Android version should be released in the next couple of months.  However, students can use MyFrog and their phone's camera to submit photos on both Android and iOS.

If you would prefer, I can drop you a line and we can look into this over the phone.

Graham

4 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @Miss Morgan,

I've logged into your school platform and trying to spot the assignment in question.  It looks like most of the assignments have file drops which are allowing students to upload.  We might need to know the name of the assignment to work out any specific issues.

If the students are trying to use FrogSnap to hand in work, then for the moment, only the iOS version allows them to take a photo and send it to an assignment.  The Android version should be released in the next couple of months.  However, students can use MyFrog and their phone's camera to submit photos on both Android and iOS.

If you would prefer, I can drop you a line and we can look into this over the phone.

Graham

I've had an email from a student (passed onto me from a Member of staff with the same issue)  She is trying to upload a word file but it just comes up with an error!!  I've tried all sorts and get the file to upload at my end (via her account) by saving the file as a copy of itself through Word!!  She said she has tried the same but no joy!!!  The wonders of trying to support students at home with there own devices!!

thumbnail_A7C67769-B68E-4181-835B-6AC8846EE96C.jpg