Assignments

S Marcham

Hello, I would like to check something.  I know if you’ edit’ an assignment you can only change a few things, like the introduction, due date and who its assigned to. What I would like to check is that if you ‘reissue’ an assignment, should you be able to add/remove resources and activities?

I really thought you could do this when ‘reissuing’ an assignment but its not letting me, if it doesn’t let you add/remove resources or activities, then what is the difference between ‘edit’ assignment and ‘reissue’?

I have uploaded a screenshot with the message I get when reissuing an assignment and trying to add another resource etc. the message is: ‘The resources will be added to the assignment from the site.’ I don’t understand this message, nothing was created using a site, just homework set within assignment manager and I’m sure I never used to get this message, I'm sure I used to be able to add/remove activities and resources here........maybe I didn't though, this is what I need to clarify before I go crazy.....

Thank you for any comments advice.

assignments.png

If you reissue an assignment it take a copy of an assignment you have made in the past and set it for another class....  the only things you can change is the time and the start data!!  The other things like type of activity and resource will have been set at first issue!!

I don't like it...  but that's what it does!!

Hope this make sense!!

Thank you for your comments, it makes sense what you have said, but at the same time it makes no sense! :-) So if you want to 'edit' a document or 'reissue' they are basically the same thing? It seems you can change the same fields in both, no more options in one or the other....why is there an 'edit' and 'reissue' option? what's the difference/purpose? Thanks

1 hour ago, S Marcham said:

Thank you for your comments, it makes sense what you have said, but at the same time it makes no sense! :-) So if you want to 'edit' a document or 'reissue' they are basically the same thing? It seems you can change the same fields in both, no more options in one or the other....why is there an 'edit' and 'reissue' option? what's the difference/purpose? Thanks

I suppose it depends what you use it for...  for me the Edit button would allow me to edit an assignment already open to a class...  change a spelling mistake...  wanted to change the due date!!  The reissue button would make a duplicate of the assignment which could be set to a different class with different due dates!!

1 hour ago, S Marcham said:

Okay, thanks, I still don't really understand if it makes a copy of it, why you then can't fully edit that copy, oh well, thanks for the comments.

I have the same opinion....  why cant you edit the whole thing...  in case you've added the wrong resource...  or need to change a spelling mistake in a criteria etc!!!!

Again we are getting loads of feedback from teachers who want the ability to edit assignments further especially if they are reissuing them and creating a new copy of this site. It would be much better if it worked more like the Frog quizzes in that you have full flexibility to duplicate, edit and reissue them. Also the ability to duplicate, edit and reissue assignments created by colleagues so staff can share resources.

• Like 2