Embed documents from OneDrive Issue!

ADT

18 minutes ago, ADT said:

@Graham Quince so how does one get hold of this widget...  do we have to wait for Frog Code to come out or can we download it from the Frog store sooner???

Unfortunately, this is a FrogCode widget, so you have to wait for FrogCode to be rolled out.  You won't need to be 'code-y' to use FrogCode, you'll be able to use Package Manager to install widgets others have built.

We're having a launch event for FrogCode here in Halifax for 'code-y' people in the Easter holidays (19th April) - https://www.frogeducation.com/events/frog-code-competition

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

Unfortunately, this is a FrogCode widget, so you have to wait for FrogCode to be rolled out.  You won't need to be 'code-y' to use FrogCode, you'll be able to use Package Manager to install widgets others have built.

We're having a launch event for FrogCode here in Halifax for 'code-y' people in the Easter holidays (19th April) - https://www.frogeducation.com/events/frog-code-competition

I saw...  but Unfortuanly I wont be able to attend!!!  But I can still get it early right????? ;) 

8 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

As soon as Dickens is out in the wild, yes

Wait a min I just clocked the date of your event.... 19th April!!!!!  You lot have been banging on about FrogCode and Dickens for what seams to be more than a year....  and its still months away???? >:(

The reason we have a beta test program with our schools is to ensure there are no issues with the release.  A few snags were discovered, which has pushed back roll out.  I know everyone is desperate for Dickens, but it's better for it to be right rather than right now.

FYI, the latest build is hitting the beta schools this week, should that testing go well, we're not looking at much longer.

21 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

The reason we have a beta test program with our schools is to ensure there are no issues with the release.  A few snags were discovered, which has pushed back roll out.  I know everyone is desperate for Dickens, but it's better for it to be right rather than right now.

FYI, the latest build is hitting the beta schools this week, should that testing go well, we're not looking at much longer.

I wouldn't use the word desperate...  I just want to stop getting Dickens rubbed in our faces....  granted it only till the Brunel update teasing starts :D!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADT said:

Wait a min I just clocked the date of your event.... 19th April!!!!!  You lot have been banging on about FrogCode and Dickens for what seams to be more than a year....  and its still months away???? >:(

Technically - FrogCode will be available from Dickens - but with so much to cover, I suggested we soft launch FrogCode and go for a proper build up and launch event.  

30 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Technically - FrogCode will be available from Dickens - but with so much to cover, I suggested we soft launch FrogCode and go for a proper build up and launch event.  

I was just after the 365 app...  haven't got time to actually build widgets!!

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:27, ADT said:

I wouldn't use the word desperate...  I just want to stop getting Dickens rubbed in our faces....  granted it only till the Brunel update teasing starts :D!!

Can I just retract that last bit....  Brunel was the September 2014....  obviously I got mixed yup with the next release.... the Shakespeare release!! :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

@ADT Package Manager will/should be available for use as soon as you get Dickens (No waiting for FrogCode Editor) which means if you can convince someone to share their widgets/applications with you, you'll be able to import and install them :)

Don't like the " will/should" bit!!

So I need to tell @Graham Quince to stop teasing and start releasing you say...................  im looking more and more forward to Wednesday morning........ :D

On 20/03/2017 at 08:52, ADT said:

Don't like the " will/should" bit!!

So I need to tell @Graham Quince to stop teasing and start releasing you say...................  im looking more and more forward to Wednesday morning........ :D

@ADT just checked our nightly builds and can confirm that it is in there. You will need to turn it on in Groups & Policies as it is off by default. There is even fine grained control of the functionality so different staff members can import packages from the community but only admins can install for example... 

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 07.43.21.png

1 hour ago, Chris.Smith said:

@ADT just checked our nightly builds and can confirm that it is in there. You will need to turn it on in Groups & Policies as it is off by default. There is even fine grained control of the functionality so different staff members can import packages from the community but only admins can install for example... 

Nice one Chris........  No excuses now @Graham Quince release the Widgets!!!!!!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris.Smith said:

Done....  Admins (me)...  has full control................ Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... Power........  Oops did I type that!! :$

1 hour ago, ADT said:

Nice one Chris........  No excuses now @Graham Quince release the Widgets!!!!!!! :D

Phew - ok.  So, this morning i have hurriedly got my widget to @Chris.Smith for approval and i'm currently preparing a page on the community for this to live on.  There are some major caveats you'll need to accept:

1. I've built this - it is not an official Frog widget
  2. It is entirely dependent on OneDrive sharing.  If MS change their settings, this widget will stop working
  3. Frog's proper devs are currently building proper OneDrive integration.  If you put this widget throughout your platform, then get the true stuff, you'll be responsible for replacing it all.

All good?  Give me an hour

Just now, Graham Quince said:

Phew - ok.  So, this morning i have hurriedly got my widget to @Chris.Smith for approval and i'm currently preparing a page on the community for this to live on.  There are some major caveats you'll need to accept:

2. It is entirely dependent on OneDrive sharing.  If MS change their settings, this widget will stop working
  3. Frog's proper devs are currently building proper OneDrive integration.  If you put this widget throughout your platform, then get the true stuff, you'll be responsible for replacing it all.

I'd also be happy with the widgets you showed me at Bett :) busy day for you!

You love that word caveats...... :P

I do, and not entirely sure i know what it means :o

cav¦eat
[ˈkavɪat]

NOUN
  1. a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.
    "there are a number of caveats which concern the validity of the assessment results"
    • law
      a notice, especially in a probate, that certain actions may not be taken without informing the person who gave the notice.

2 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Was that a real hour or a Frog hour????  No wonder you were talking about the Dickens for over a year....  that must have been only 6 Months in Frog time....... :P