iMLS/Reading cloud software

Corinne

Does anyone have any experience of this library management software? A member of staff in our school has brought into this software and thought it could be integrated with Frog, using the same log in for pupils and staff as Frog. However they did not look into it the type of Frog it can be used with, there is a user guide which uses a Frog 3 widget, but we use Frog learn thoughtout school so we are looking for a way to make it work which wouldn't issues students with another username/password to remember. 

Has anyone used this with Frog learn successfully? (Or even google or 365 log ins if possible?)

Well had MLS Eclipse.net for almost a year.....  there was a single sign on module you had to pay for to get it to work though Frog!!  Librarian hated it...  didn't work for him...  so we gave up and got our money back!!  I didn't think it was that bad and the issue we had might not have 100% been down to them.....  but hey I didn't get involved!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack this thread....

I've just been asked by our Librarian... what are other Frog schools using....  as you can see above we had Eclipse.net for a year...  we didn't like it...  so got a refund!!!!

He's talking about Oliver and some others!!!

What do you use....  and how have you got it linked to Frog???

Thanks!

22 hours ago, THaines said:

We have Oliver here which offers VLE integration however this is only with Frog3 and not FrogLearn.

Hi Tom...

Have you contacted them to see if they are planning to create FrogLearn integration???

I'm keen to know what there/Frog response is!!!

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, THaines said:

@ADT There's an idea on the ideas portal for integration of FrogLearn with Oliver...only about 4 votes so far.

Not sure the fact Oliver doesn't has anything to do with Frog...  I think it more Oliver don't want to work with Frog to make the it work with New Frog!!!  Think its them you have to convince!! :)

• 3 months later...

Sorry to not only hijack again but reopen this one...  anyone heard of HERITAGE as a library management system???  Our librarian is keen to go with this so wondering if anyone has it...  and if you have got it integrated into Froglearn???

http://www.isoxford.com/

According to their website they claim...

Heritage integrates with products such as Moodle, Sharepoint and Frog. 

Granted that page was written in 2010............ o.O

Edited by ADT

Hi @ADT

I've done some digging and apparently there was something with Frog3.  We're contacting the company to talk to them about integration with Learn.

Would you mind raising this on the ideas portal too, so we can get an idea of how many other schools are interested.

Thanks

Graham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @ADT

I've done some digging and apparently there was something with Frog3.  We're contacting the company to talk to them about integration with Learn.

Graham

Thanks Graham....  I knew I could rely on you!! :D

1 hour ago, Chris.Smith said:

You know @ADT, you could always show up @Graham Quince by writing the integration yourself in FrogCode :P. I'm sure the rest of the community would thank you endlessly..

You just wait...  you may have had time on your hands....  now your a married man...  any spear time will have been spoken for......  and if you have kids............  bye bye life!!! :P