Graham Quince

Auto-populating a form

Forms and HTML widgets load into pages at different times, so while it might be possible to use an HTML widget to fill in a form, it was never advisable.... but I  had a bit of a brain wave, what if there was an auto-populate button?

<btn class="btn update">Update</btn>
<script>
var formUUID = "A177324620028A7AE4656F9A366E1506E020CAEC0FD54E71";
$(".update").click(function(){
  $('div[data-content-uuid="'+formUUID+'"]').find('#A1773C3F2003F19E97E1FF73A16D15075DA8D53C48F8AF59').val("Does this work");
});
</script>

This code targets the form, then the specific field.  You could add multiple fields within the function and have a big chunk of the form get filled out for you.  You could use a div superimposed above the form with the button on, so that users are forced to click it before they begin filling out the rest.  

There's a lot to unpack here, but as a hack/workaround I think its got potential.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Forms and HTML widgets load into pages at different times, so while it might be possible to use an HTML widget to fill in a form, it was never advisable.... but I  had a bit of a brain wave, what if there was an auto-populate button?

<btn class="btn update">Update</btn>
<script>
var formUUID = "A177324620028A7AE4656F9A366E1506E020CAEC0FD54E71";
$(".update").click(function(){
  $('div[data-content-uuid="'+formUUID+'"]').find('#A1773C3F2003F19E97E1FF73A16D15075DA8D53C48F8AF59').val("Does this work");
});
</script>

This code targets the form, then the specific field.  You could add multiple fields within the function and have a big chunk of the form get filled out for you.  You could use a div superimposed above the form with the button on, so that users are forced to click it before they begin filling out the rest.  

There's a lot to unpack here, but as a hack/workaround I think its got potential.

Obviously well above my understanding of code.....  but nice idea!! 🤪