Workspaces Issue When Embedded in Froglearn!

ADT

We've embed Frog 3 workspaces into Froglearn...  Works!!  Staff have come to do a bit of Christmas tidying up before they go....  when they delete a workspace they are left with a page that says cannot display a page....  which because we are embedding in Froglearn which doesn't refresh when you reopen a tab...... means they have to fully refresh Froglearn to fix.........................

Something to ponder over during the Queens Speech!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @ADT

So, I've been off over the break, and just seen your post.  I've logged into your platform and can see the workspaces page.  I think I've spotted the issue, looks like there should be an intermediate page inbetween the deletion script and a redirect.   I'll create a ticket for you and get the bug team to investigate.

Out of interest, what elements of workspaces are you using that FrogLearn cannot replicate.  I can see that users can choose to join for themselves (in Frog3), but I've helped schools replicate this with a form and Groups and Policies (not automated, but quite efficient.)

Walls and shared folders can be set up easily enough in a site template - on site creation, the site is shared with a group.  Any new user then just gets added to the group.

Graham

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 09:32, Graham Quince said:

Out of interest, what elements of workspaces are you using that FrogLearn cannot replicate.  I can see that users can choose to join for themselves (in Frog3), but I've helped schools replicate this with a form and Groups and Policies (not automated, but quite efficient.)

Walls and shared folders can be set up easily enough in a site template - on site creation, the site is shared with a group.  Any new user then just gets added to the group.

Graham

Its the whole automates bit....  the fact that in a few clicks a space can be created...  where students can share...  chat...  dead easy!!  Creating a new site using a template is easy enough...  and sharing it with a group.... but then you'd have to create a shared folder yourself update the widget...  etc!!!  Not as easy as Frog 3!!

Well, funny you should mention the shared folder widget.   Just before the christmas break, Graham Thorpe showed me a Site search widget - basically a widget which can display sites tagged with a specific keyword.  In essence it's an automated menu widget.  

Still not the same as Frog3, in terms of users choosing to sign up, but it's getting there.