Blog/RSS Feed

THaines

Hi all

Our Deputy Head would like an area on Frog where he can post useful links relating to Education, CPD, Teacher Training etc. almost like a blog/rss feed type thing. Does anyone have any ideas how I can set this up, easily, rather than just having a forum?

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

We have a T&L / CPD site which is editable by a handful of staff. Pages for different topics. Would something like that work?

Or how would he feel about having an actual blog on an easy to use platform, which you then embed into a Frog page? 

• Like 1

Thanks Corinne - we do have a CPD site but he was keen on something on the main dashboard (me not so much as I like to keep it clean & tidy!). I like your suggestion about using an actual blog...shame it's just another one of those things that we have to set up externally and embed! I'll have a play and see what we can come up with.

• Like 1

How would your deputy head feel about having a site that he added a new text widget to for each post?  You could then use a Nested Page to bring this onto your staff dashboard.

With a bit of styling (I can help) you could tweak each text widget to make it clear it is separate from the others (or jsut use the spacer widget)

• Like 1

THaines 

In alot of ways, I would think having him create a blog would be the best method.  He could use the blog and you should be able to connect using the RSS widget.  This would allow teachers and parents to follow his blog.  Further other schools could as well.  I tend to like multiple solutions to the problem.

Another option could be to run a forum where people could see it but not respond or allow them to respond and make it a conversation.  he could write the post and people would then be able to click in to find out more about a topic.  

I like the text widget idea as well @Graham Quince.  Personally though I would want to RSS feed something like or to be able to send a notification when the person writes which would allow people to be notified on changes.

Matt

• Like 1