Staff profiles and dashboards

Corinne

How do you organise your different members of staff and their access to dashboards/sites?

We currently have teaching and non teaching staff in AD and all have access to staff and student dashboard as they are all just staff in Frog. I have been asked today to add all of the kitchen staff we now employ internally, and cleaners and any other staff to Frog so they have access to the staff dashboard for policies ect. If I do this and they are added as staff they are then able to view student details too which I do not want. I was going to add them as other but we also need to add governors in the near future and they would need their own dashboard and have no access to anything staff or student. 

Staff dashboard is already set up and functional. my original idea was to set staff (teachers and TAs) to staff, all other to other then on that dashboard have 2 site links - 1 to staff and one to govenors, then neither will have the student dashboard and governors wont see staff as they link wont show. 

Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? Is there an easier way around this?

Yes that was one option but it wouldn't be that simple it turns out. We have staff needing access to all dashboards with their log in group, other non teaching staff (who currently use the same log in group as staff) not having access to the student dashboard or parent one, and then governors needing access to a completely different site with none of the staff information at all. 

I hope that makes sense. I mean I know I could create something with rules but I feel it would get quite complicated based on what I need it for and the amount of groups of people we have/dashboards available 

• 2 weeks later...

Nested pages might work! 

I am currently using a holding page for 'Other staff' with links available to governors for their site and other staff have the same but to the staff dashboard site, and none have the other dashboards which are for students and parents. Then on top of that staff governors have to search for the governor page, although I will probably make a button only visible to them once its up and running fully on the staff dashboard.