G Suite for Education

THaines

Hi all

We have a new Head of Department who used G Suite in his old school and is keen to get it up and running here. From the looks of things, it seems to offer similar to what Frog can do (Google Classroom is the main tool he wants to use I believe) and I'm a little cautious of introducing a new system here which could overtake the use of Frog. Does anyone use Frog and Google side by side any can anyone shed any light on it for me, as I don't know anything about the G Suite!

Thanks in advance

Tom

I would use the integration.  The front end of Frog provides a more powerful method for teacher to create and build.  I don't like the Google Classroom aspect of the G Suite, but love the Frog aspect.  We have been running and integrated platform for about 3/4 of a year and the teachers are loving it.  It may be the best method to have your cake and eat it to.  

Some of the highlights in my mind are

Google Drive linked to Frog Drive.  It allows me to use the Google drive as a catch all location and then access it through the Frog Drive to load on the pages.

Google Preview allows me to embed a google doc into a page (teachers can adapt their pages not just start over and lose time... this helps with buy in)

Google Assignment I can send out a Google Doc or other collaborative or non collaborative document through the assignment and have the students complete it.  I am still able to grade it through Frog.  

From a design perspective:  Frog allows for an easier Universal Design for Learning integration allowing more learners to be able to access the information.  It also prevents some customizability making it easier for teachers to create sites.  

None of the above should be taken that Google isn't a great product, but in my humble opinion, Frog has a better front end with better abilities for control and reporting than Google.  The integration is where both really shine.  

@emoseley could probably tell you more about the back end as I am an end user.  

Matt