Recent Security Attacks!!!

ADT

Afternoon guys...

Not sure how many of you have a security conscious managed service....  but after the weekends shenanigans... we've lost access to network drives on Frog!!

Turns out our managed service have turned off  SMB1 so make things more secure.... so Frog have to address this issue!!

Lets just say im non to impressed!!  I mean its not like the kids might find it useful to have access to shared resources, there own network space....  I mean its not like its

EXAM SEASON!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Frog say they are looking into it...........................  lets hope its not a long look in a very deep pond!!

Edited by ADT
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to figure out for the past week or so why our shared drives aren't working in Frog anymore and just seen this, which will be reason! Doh.

Thankfully, it's a not a heavily used feature strangly, just a couple complaints so far.

Did Frog come up with a solution yet? I've got a call logged.

35 minutes ago, ghughes said:

Been trying to figure out for the past week or so why our shared drives aren't working in Frog anymore and just seen this, which will be reason! Doh.

Thankfully, it's a not a heavily used feature strangly, just a couple complaints so far.

Did Frog come up with a solution yet? I've got a call logged.

Luckily Microsoft have released a patch to close the loophole!!  Once we could prove that all machines onsite were patched... our managed serves re enabled the protocol!!