MyFrog app

gbligh

I’m not sure what everyone else’s views are on the MyFrog app, however, here are a few suggestions:

- Optimised for iPhone X and above: currently the app has black bars at the top and bottom of these phones and doesn’t take use of the full display and the ‘notch’.

- Open on dashboard: could there be a setting in the platform where schools could decide what opens first on the app? For example, for us it would be better if the app opened on the dashboard first.

Thoughts? @pconkie @ADT @Graham Quince

• Like 1

I think there is a new version imminent.......

Personally im happy for it to land on the assignments page.... but i i can see the advantage of a school having a choice!!  The same as the up coming visibility of the timeline page thats coming.... should be up to the school.

It lacks the ability to send notifications....

Why cant it use touch ID...

The ability to set an assignment - (i think this is coming unless i just dreamt that conversation)...

There is probably more things ive thought at one time or another.... :P

14 hours ago, ADT said:

I think there is a new version imminent.......

Personally im happy for it to land on the assignments page.... but i i can see the advantage of a school having a choice!!  The same as the up coming visibility of the timeline page thats coming.... should be up to the school.

It lacks the ability to send notifications....

Why cant it use touch ID...

The ability to set an assignment - (i think this is coming unless i just dreamt that conversation)...

There is probably more things ive thought at one time or another.... :P

So lots of school have asked for the ability to open the app on the dashboard.  We're nervous about that as it will hit peoples data plans.  Instead I'm suggesting that we look at a menu fullscreen when it's first opened.   The idea is gaining traction, but i have no ETA for this yet.

Notifications - watch this space

Touch ID - honestly, that's never occurred to me (can't speak for anyone else) - I've no idea what's involved, but if you make an Idea Portal suggestion for it, we'll add it to the mix.

George is right, assignment setting (basic - no resources or activities) is very soon.

28 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

So lots of school have asked for the ability to open the app on the dashboard.  We're nervous about that as it will hit peoples data plans.  Instead I'm suggesting that we look at a menu fullscreen when it's first opened.   The idea is gaining traction, but i have no ETA for this yet.

Touch ID - honestly, that's never occurred to me (can't speak for anyone else) - I've no idea what's involved, but if you make an Idea Portal suggestion for it, we'll add it to the mix.

George is right, assignment setting (basic - no resources or activities) is very soon.

I don't think Frog need to worry about people's data plans - that's not your issue, it's our issue to inform users. The menu opening first would be good too.

Students are savvy about data these days so I don't think it's a worry for you.

8 minutes ago, gbligh said:

I don't think Frog need to worry about people's data plans - that's not your issue, it's our issue to inform users. The menu opening first would be good too.

Students are savvy about data these days so I don't think it's a worry for you.

You say that - as someone who is very capable and understands tech, but I'm very aware that we could be criticised.  It's not just savvy students - it's also their parents.  Having said that, we do listen and i'll raise this again.

+ @Matt 

8 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

You say that - as someone who is very capable and understands tech, but I'm very aware that we could be criticised.  It's not just savvy students - it's also their parents.  Having said that, we do listen and i'll raise this again.

+ @Matt 

The school will need to inform users, not you as Frog (in my opinion)

59 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

I can't think of another app i use that i have to log into that doesn't have Touch ID...  its not like its cutting edge of technology...... :P

59 minutes ago, gbligh said:

The school will need to inform users, not you as Frog (in my opinion)

When I used to work on support I took a surprising number of calls from parents when they or their children couldn't log into their schools platform. I think they just saw the Frog logo and Googled us whenever they had a problem. We just need to be sure that when we do something like this that we make the process as streamlined as possible for the end user.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, adamw said:

When I used to work on support I took a surprising number of calls from parents when they or their children couldn't log into their schools platform. I think they just saw the Frog logo and Googled us whenever they had a problem. We just need to be sure that when we do something like this that we make the process as streamlined as possible for the end user.

I get loads of kids coming to my classroom asking for replacement for broken mice keyboards....  saying they cant log onto the network...  or have lost work....  I turn them round saying IT Support Office is upstairs!! 

1 hour ago, adamw said:

A few companies have a message when you call support saying 'If you are a parent please contact the school' etc.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, gbligh said:

Is there any progress on the app developments? Mainly landing on the dashboard first ..

Yes - there's work being done this week infact.  I've nothing i can share yet, but i can say that in the designs i've seen, the landing page will be a menu screen.  However, I've also seen a development schedule with the dashboard preference development on there - so it's not gone away.

• 3 months later...

Any updates on mobile app developments? 

I'm keen to see an all-in-one Frog app, where everything works in one app. My Progress, My Child's Progress applications that work on mobile ideally, and if I am being greedy being able to send push notification to different types of users (I've added that one to the ideas portal.)

45 minutes ago, deanmoulder said:

Any updates on mobile app developments? 

I'm keen to see an all-in-one Frog app, where everything works in one app. My Progress, My Child's Progress applications that work on mobile ideally, and if I am being greedy being able to send push notification to different types of users (I've added that one to the ideas portal.)

Hi Dean,

Very, very soon - you will have Push Notifications messages in the app.  That work has been done over the summer.  I'm happy to give you a tour of the prototype while you wait what should be a day or so.

Combining the other apps isn't our priority at the moment - however, there's some new developments scheduled for Beethoven around My Child's Progress (the Frog Application) which will mean you can access this info via the Dashboard section in MyFrog.

• 3 months later...

Just downloaded the latest version - really good improvements. It takes use of the whole iPhone screen (with a notch) and really good how it doesn’t open on assignments at the start.

Inbox is handy too - good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbligh said:

Just downloaded the latest version - really good improvements. It takes use of the whole iPhone screen (with a notch) and really good how it doesn’t open on assignments at the start.

Inbox is handy too - good work!

You've already been using the platform messaging I think.  How have parents found it and will the app's inbox help here?

2 minutes ago, ann said:

Hi Graham

We have been looking at the app (as you know  ? ) and would like to suggest the option to be able to schedule messages. Do yo know if this will be an option in the future?

Ann

Have you logged it on the ideas portal??  I'd vote for it!! ?

• Thanks 1