Bulk Close Assignment: Admin

C Wilson

Question

Please tell me there is a way for an admin to bulk close any assignments that are past the due date? 

I've sent out an email to all our teaching staff asking them to close any assignments that are past the due date plus encouraging them to use the Auto close function but I'm still seeing quite a lot of open assignments that should of been closed. As an admin do I get the bulk close assignment function that staff get when in the Assignment Manager?

8 answers to this question

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 14:00, Graham Quince said:

Hi @C Wilson,

We can do this for you, if you contact the Service Desk.

Graham

O boy.....  didn't realise you couldn't do this on Froglearn.................................  Ahhhhhhhhh bring back Frog 3 MySetWork!!!!  I cant see how to find out what assignments have been set to a specific student either!!!!  This is poor!!! >:(

1 hour ago, ADT said:

O boy.....  didn't realise you couldn't do this on Froglearn.................................  Ahhhhhhhhh bring back Frog 3 MySetWork!!!!  I cant see how to find out what assignments have been set to a specific student either!!!!  This is poor!!! >:(

@ADT I knocked together a super-quick FrogCode widget to list out assignments for the selected user. Is this the sort of thing you were after? Obviously this is a quick implementation, as it brings back everything and there's no filters, but you get the idea of what you could do with it.

I'll wave it under @Graham Quince nose, if anyone wants the code let us know and we'll sort something out.

assignment_view.PNG

9 minutes ago, adamw said:

@ADT I knocked together a super-quick FrogCode widget to list out assignments for the selected user. Is this the sort of thing you were after? Obviously this is a quick implementation, as it brings back everything and there's no filters, but you get the idea of what you could do with it.

I'll wave it under @Graham Quince nose, if anyone wants the code let us know and we'll sort something out.

assignment_view.PNG

Hi Adam...  Quincy showed me how to find it!!!  I used to have a Frog 3 page set up so pastoral staff could check what homework little johnny had been set when his mum rang up to say he hadn't had any in ages!!  Couldn't see where to do it in Kearn but it's hidden away in the assignment manager!!!

in my defence currently that search bar is hidden by buttons over lapping it!!!

Now if there was a way to embed that on a page...  or create a link straight to it that would be great!!!

Thanks again for looking at this Adam!!

17 hours ago, ADT said:

Now if there was a way to embed that on a page...  or create a link straight to it that would be great!!!

With a FrogCode widget like the one above, you would be able to add this to a page / dashboard and share it with your staff. There's all sorts of clever things you could do with it - for example, automatically pulling back a list of students that the teacher teaches so they don't have to search, or the ability to bring back a group or a subject etc...

20 minutes ago, adamw said:

With a FrogCode widget like the one above, you would be able to add this to a page / dashboard and share it with your staff. There's all sorts of clever things you could do with it - for example, automatically pulling back a list of students that the teacher teaches so they don't have to search, or the ability to bring back a group or a subject etc...

All sounds good....  wave away @Graham Quince!! ;)