Curriculum Designer

pconkie

Question

8 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, pconkie said:

No, didn't work!

Yeah - I'm wrong.

We've turned on Curriculum Designer ahead of our conference.  There's more development to come, including a Curriculum Viewer.  You see Curr Designer is actually the editor and for our Progress schools, their teachers primarily access the learning lockers through Progression Charts - so if you have not activated a Curriculum, it doesn't show up.

We've made some changes to Designer to make it closer to a Lesson Planning tool and those features were ready - so we released it, but to make it a truly viable solution, we'll need some additional features.  

@Matt - for your attention - correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

I beleive...it's been a while... that under System Preferences > Custom Tags > Stage Tags, you can turn off Key Stages

You believe wrong.....  well as in i didn't change curriculum designer!

Is curriculum designer fully functional yet?

We're about to undergo a major review/change in school around curriculum and as that's an area of my responsibility alongside Frog, I thought I'd assess whether it would be a useful tool or not.

2 hours ago, pdurber said:

Is curriculum designer fully functional yet?

We're about to undergo a major review/change in school around curriculum and as that's an area of my responsibility alongside Frog, I thought I'd assess whether it would be a useful tool or not.

Hi @pdurber

Umm, I think so - what do you mean by fully functional?   It can be used by any FrogLearn school to create and present their curriculum.

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/training/administratortraining/cd-overview

Sorry, I really should learn to explain myself a bit better.

I have been looking at this to see about how to develop it. On first inspection it seems quite nice, However, we are a secondary school and my first thought was getting rid of KS1,KS2 etc. to make it a bit sleeker. Then looking around I saw this post. Followed the advice on changing the settings, only to find that didn't work. Hence wondered what else wouldn't work.

On looking at it, I think for us it would be a bit like Moodle in that it's a lot of work on something that nobody (OK maybe a couple of teachers) bothers to use.