Picture Series

pconkie

3 hours ago, ADT said:

Come on Quincy when you are ready........ :P 

@Graham Quince

He's away until Wednesday I think - If @pconkie is happy to let you guys have it, I'll have a look and see if I can export the widget. I'm not sure of the process that Graham usually uses, but I'm sure I'll figure it out :p

1 minute ago, adamw said:

He's away until Wednesday I think - If @pconkie is happy to let you guys have it, I'll have a look and see if I can export the widget. I'm not sure of the process that Graham usually uses, but I'm sure I'll figure it out :p

Part timer......  :P

That would be great Adam thanks!!

5 hours ago, adamw said:

He's away until Wednesday I think - If @pconkie is happy to let you guys have it, I'll have a look and see if I can export the widget. I'm not sure of the process that Graham usually uses, but I'm sure I'll figure it out ?

As usual, happy to share.  Especially for some help with my coding questions posted today!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gbligh said:

@pconkie Could an option be to link to another Frog site?

I tried this initially as it seemed the most flexible approach.  I can open a page in the current site or open another site.  What i couldn't figure out was how to open another site to a specific page.  If someone knows how to do that, i'll happily update the widget.

20 minutes ago, pconkie said:

I tried this initially as it seemed the most flexible approach.  I can open a page in the current site or open another site.  What i couldn't figure out was how to open another site to a specific page.  If someone knows how to do that, i'll happily update the widget.

@adamw

24 minutes ago, adamw said:

Sorry, I've been super rammed here with work! I'm sure that one of us will get around to it today ;)

Ah...  well the Parents Evening Booking System won't make itself i suppose..... ;)

54 minutes ago, ADT said:

@Graham Quince @adamw

Any ideas on how to "PIMP" up Conkies widget to allow a link to a different site/page on that different site???  That would make this even more epic!!!

Right, so I've had a look at the code and it seems that to open a site at a certain page you need to do this:

[yourfrogurl]/app/os?site=[site_uuid]&page=[page_external_link]

So, the external link for a page is basically the page name with the spaces replaced by dashes - for example: "page 1" will become "page-1"

How you get this page external link easily I don't know, but you could try using the page picker widget preference type and seeing what that returns for you, for example:

page: {
                type: 'pagepicker',
                label: 'label.page_url',
                defaultValue: JSON.stringify({
                    page_uuid: '',
                    site_uuid: ''
                })
            }

and then using the page uuid that the pref gives you and then making a call to get the page object, which may have the external link name in it.

Sites.Models.Pages.findOne({page_uuid: page.page_uuid}).done(function(data){
	//do something with data here
});

No idea if that will work, but would be worth a try. If I get a spare moment (ahahahahahahaha) I'll have a look.

• Thanks 1

On 26/03/2019 at 11:40, pconkie said:

Did you leave the ability to open another site in???  Or am i missing something...  as usual!! ;)