Custom theme - footer

pconkie

Question

I'm using the boiler plate theme to make a custom theme for our school website.  I'd like to have a footer that is always 100% wide.  I'd pref the footer content to be fixed in the theme (or a nested page) because it's going to be on all (30 or so) pages! I can see the empty div for footers in the site template, but can't seem to get it styled correctly and not sure how to add text. Any help greatly appreciated.  

16 answers to this question

@pconkie Sorry, I have checked this with our Design Team and they have confirmed that the boiler template does not include a footer container and you would need to add a DIV for the footer and style this up as you wish.

If you have any issues please let me know,

Thanks,

Jay 

See this is something i have been playing with!!

How are you testing your theme???

I was saying there should be an easier way to upload a theme...  rather than having to call the service desk...  but i was told hardly anyone makes there own themes!!

41 minutes ago, pconkie said:

I'm using the boiler plate theme to make a custom theme for our school website.  I'd like to have a footer that is always 100% wide.  I'd pref the footer content to be fixed in the theme (or a nested page) because it's going to be on all (30 or so) pages! I can see the empty div for footers in the site template, but can't seem to get it styled correctly and not sure how to add text. Any help greatly appreciated.  

I take it you've search for foot and found it in a number of places?

.ui-theme-NGAtheme-container .ui-theme-NGAtheme-foot {
    min-height:20px;

.ui-theme-NGAtheme-container .ui-theme-NGAtheme-foot {
    width:100%;
    height:30px;
    float:left;
    margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;

<div class="ui-theme-NGAtheme-foot"></div>

@pconkie have you followed the below links which provides further guidance when creating your own theme in Frog. I have had a glance at the HTML code that is provided on the link and I was only able to find one div for the footer;

Link: https://www.frogcommunity.com/app/os#!theme/introduction

Link: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/theme-building

If you have any issues please let me know and I will speak with our Design Team and see if they are able to provide any further help for you.

Thanks,

Jay 

1 hour ago, ADT said:

See this is something i have been playing with!!

How are you testing your theme???

I was saying there should be an easier way to upload a theme...  rather than having to call the service desk...  but i was told hardly anyone makes there own themes!!

Maybe hardly anyone makes their own themes because it's too difficult to test and get on your box?!

2 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Maybe hardly anyone makes their own themes because it's too difficult to test and get on your box?!

Or because Frog want you to pay them to build one for you...... ;)  

If they make it to easy someone would be out of a job........ 

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

@pconkie have you followed the below links which provides further guidance when creating your own theme in Frog. I have had a glance at the HTML code that is provided on the link and I was only able to find one div for the footer;

Link: https://www.frogcommunity.com/app/os#!theme/introduction

Link: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/theme-building

If you have any issues please let me know and I will speak with our Design Team and see if they are able to provide any further help for you.

Thanks,

Jay 

Thanks @Jay yes, i've been using those two tutorials. There just isn't enough detail in them for this specific footer question I have.

This is the basic structure of a frog site

Capture.PNG.fa00f3500fcd987a74a1aa63c21c23e8.PNG

You can change elements of the HEAD div as this contains the site title, image and description. WRAPMENU contains the site navigation.  As far as I am aware CONTENTMIDDLE is the only part of the site that you can add the various widgets to using edit mode.  So even if I could style the CONTENTFOOT how I wanted (which I can't yet) how would I add content (e.g. school address) to it?

I have a max-width set on BODYAREA giving me white space on the left and right when the site is viewed on larger screens (this is as I want).  However, I would like the footer to take up the full width of the screen.  As it is a child of BODYAREA setting it to 100% does not work.  I can cheat and set it to 100vw, but this breaks on devices that support an orientation change.

@Jay I would be interested in how the design team accomplishes this  as it must be a regular request for school websites?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

@pconkie Sorry, I have checked this with our Design Team and they have confirmed that the boiler template does not include a footer container and you would need to add a DIV for the footer and style this up as you wish.

If you have any issues please let me know,

Thanks,

Jay 

Do you mean I can alter the html in the theme.ejs file?  I didn't realise you could do that (assumed it would break once uploaded into frog).  If so, I can put further html for my new footer div directly into the ejs file?  AND any custom js needed for the theme?  

But i can't test what I've done without getting the service desk to keep uploading versions of the theme?!! Unless I ask for a new boiler plate theme to be uploaded first - that would make testing easier - is that ok?

Ok, I think I've got it.

20 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Do you mean I can alter the html in the theme.ejs file?  I didn't realise you could do that (assumed it would break once uploaded into frog).  If so, I can put further html for my new footer div directly into the ejs file?  AND any custom js needed for the theme?  

But i can't test what I've done without getting the service desk to keep uploading versions of the theme?!! Unless I ask for a new boiler plate theme to be uploaded first - that would make testing easier - is that ok?

Ok, I think I've got it.

Sorry yep... thats what ive been doing!!!  You just alter the ejs file....  stick that on Frog and get them to import it for you!!

Hence the need for an easier way to import a theme!! ;)

I get the service desk to export our theme.....  then i messed with the image files...  the ejs file...  zipped it all up...   dropped it on FrogDrive... rang up the service desk and got them to import it.......  noticed an issue....  changed it uploaded to FrogDrive..  rang up the service desk got them to import it....   noticed another issue.... changed it uploaded.........................................

• Sad 1

So if there was an easy way for us to upload a theme.......................................................................................................................................................

15 minutes ago, ADT said:

I get the service desk to export our theme.....  then i messed with the image files...  the ejs file...  zipped it all up...   dropped it on FrogDrive... rang up the service desk and got them to import it.......  noticed an issue....  changed it uploaded to FrogDrive..  rang up the service desk got them to import it....   noticed another issue.... changed it uploaded.........................................

Adrian, do you end up with hundreds of themes or do they replace the previous theme each time?

I just replace them....  only played with one so far!!! 

But being a MAT...  soon to be getting Frog in some of our other schools... i wanted to create "versions" of our theme to put on their box's!!!