Widget - notifications

nward

Question

Is there a widget that will allow parents to receive email notifications when a post is made? Im trying to figure a way for parents to revive a notice when information is updated? They don't believe they should have to log on to check everyday. I guess i mean like firefly has when you can subscribe to a page? 

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, nward said:

Is there a widget that will allow parents to receive email notifications when a post is made? Im trying to figure a way for parents to revive a notice when information is updated? They don't believe they should have to log on to check everyday. I guess i mean like firefly has when you can subscribe to a page? 

Users (including parents) can choose to get emails for somethings.... via Icon (top right)> My Preferences>Notifications

image.png

• Like 2

Without checking, I would assume that it would only be noticeboards / forums that the parent has access to,. I'll try and have a look later and confirm if that is the case.

A bit of experimental testing may also yield the result :P

I've been trying to test today, I get frog notifications for all posts, but i'm admin, I switched on email notifications but haven't received any. Ill have a further play around. Doesn't look like it will work in the way I hoped as most sites are public in school so if instruct parents to switch on notifications they'll get things that aren't relevant to them 

On 06/03/2019 at 12:22, nward said:

I've been trying to test today, I get frog notifications for all posts, but i'm admin, I switched on email notifications but haven't received any. Ill have a further play around. Doesn't look like it will work in the way I hoped as most sites are public in school so if instruct parents to switch on notifications they'll get things that aren't relevant to them 

Hi,

This is something we are currently working on and hope to be able to present at the conference.  I'm happy to talk in more detail - but I've very little to show right now - so would prefer to do this 1-1 rather than trying to explain in a set of forum posts - especially as it's in development.