Charts for Achievement / Behaviour

Stuart Green

We would like to create a widget for displaying achievement point totals/leaderboards in a similar format to PictoChart (Which we currently manually update via google sheets).

The information is available in SIMS so it would save schools time and effort and be an excellent way for students to engage with Frog. 

I have pasted a copy of the points page (with PiktoCharts) to help describe what we are after. They are also nicely animated! Does anyone have the skills to be able to attempt something in Frog Academy?

Capture.JPG

24 minutes ago, Stuart Green said:

We would like to create a widget for displaying achievement point totals/leaderboards in a similar format to PictoChart (Which we currently manually update via google sheets).

The information is available in SIMS so it would save schools time and effort and be an excellent way for students to engage with Frog. 

I have pasted a copy of the points page (with PiktoCharts) to help describe what we are after. They are also nicely animated! Does anyone have the skills to be able to attempt something in Frog Academy?

Not too familiar with PiktoCharts, but I'm assuming hoping that when you embed their graphs, they contain a string with all the variables.   Can you share an embed code?

If they do, then it should be relatively straight-forward to use the get Frog's APIs to produce data - then the only problem is having to make so many API calls (one per student) and then sort them for the top 5 results.

@adamw - is there are simpler way to assertain the Top 5 positive behaviour students?

Adam's had a chat with me and pointed out that unfortunately, even though we have APIs, we don't have a summary API and the existing ones have security built into them, preventing students accessing other students details.

So i'm afraid, you're stuck manually adding the data for now.