Widget ideas

Graham Quince

I was all excited the other day and showed off my first widget.

Speaking to @clangstaff he suggested we create a thread asking for ideas about what widgets you want built.  It would be cool when FrogCode is released to have a bunch of widgets ready to go, but Chris' suggestion went further: "wouldn't it be great to have a section on the forums where people could post requests, and those school devs who can make widgets were able to respond and build them".

Current thinking is about FrogCode and widgets.  You will be able to share and download widgets from the FrogStore but these widgets will have their code "locked".  We'll be creating an area on the community site where you'll be able to share "open" widgets if you wish.

So...given all that, let's start with a list here of widgets you'd like to see and if this is successful, we'll expand it into it's own section

• Like 1

After speaking on Friday I came up with a list of things which have been requested by teachers, or I would find useful:

- Rollover image with link ability
- Map location for our main site
- In built twitter/intsagram/other social feed without staff needing HTML widget 
- A timer or stopwatch, to use on lesson plans
- Accordion menus - this has been used in the HTML widget but I know a lot of staff who would make use but would not understand the html

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...