Graham Quince

Visitor Log - new FrogCode widget

visitorlog.png

Here's a new FrogCode widget:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/visitor-log

We worked with George Bligh from Greenshaw on this widget.  When someone views a page with this widget on, it records their visit.  Anyone with Edit and Manage rights gets a button which displays a list of all visitors, their profile, their children (if a parent), how many times they have visited the site and the time and date of their last visit.

screenshot.PNG

(This widget uses the datastore - a little known about feature of Frog's API.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another Pconk....  o wait a min...  its a @Graham Quince & @gbligh creation......  it probably won't work then...... :P

• Haha 1

Just now, ADT said:

Another Pconk....  o wait a min...  its a @Graham Quince & @gbligh creation......  it probably won't work then...... :P

To be honest, it was @adamw who put the bulk of the work in, but I'm using it as a roadmap to try an understand the datastore - there seems like there's a lot of potential there.

25 minutes ago, gbligh said:

How rude B|

We love you really George... :x

• Haha 1

@adamw I think we broke your widget :(

I think the page we put it on has now had too many visitors!

Capture.PNG.8b9cfb4a2abc694a60f8c0472f0571a8.PNG

Capture2.PNG.b7d51d59f174bb4974191c4be10f45c9.PNG

Capture3.PNG.7d755d6e4af0c6117786cfd466e408bf.PNG

Capture4.thumb.PNG.9167922f19adc6291c6117f302422549.PNG

• Haha 1

Actually, just realised it is the api call that resolves uuids into names that is failing.  Can we do it in multiple steps?  Also this probably means we can still get the total number of page hits and unique visitors? Which would be great.

15 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Actually, just realised it is the api call that resolves uuids into names that is failing.  Can we do it in multiple steps?  Also this probably means we can still get the total number of page hits and unique visitors? Which would be great.

Hi

@Adam fixed it last night.  in fact, during the day he had to spend quite a bit of time dealing with my hacked code.  

The new version is ready and available to download. - George got it last night and it finally worked.

Posted (edited)

Really like this widget - we have it on a number of pages.  But.....

Does this widget record page visits or does it actually record site visits? Not sure which is the designed behaviour, but I think it actually records site visits.  If i'm correct, would be even more powerful if it recorded page visits.

Edited by pconkie

36 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Really like this widget - we have it on a number of pages.  But.....

Does this widget record page visits or does it actually record site visits? Not sure which is the designed behaviour, but I think it actually records site visits.  If i'm correct, would be even more powerful if it recorded page visits.

I honestly can't remember. If I get a moment I will look at the code, but I think that it records page visits. More specifically, I think it uses the widget id as the source. So if you put two on a page, they might show different data.... 

I'll have to look into it. You could test this by putting this widget on each page of a test site and visiting it a few times to see what data it shows.

I tried testing this and it logs site visits.  If you have two on a site, but different pages, both counts go up.  I tried rewriting it but got nowhere.

14 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

I tried testing this and it logs site visits.  If you have two on a site, but different pages, both counts go up.  I tried rewriting it but got nowhere.

I'll be passing the site_uuid to the data-store, all you'd need to do is pass the page_uuid instead. We can have a play sometime and see if we can get it working.

• Thanks 2