New Markbook App

ADT

5 minutes ago, ADT said:

Nope no more...... no scrolling..... O.o

Ah, okay - I've seen this bug before. If you don't have the mark scheme manager expanded to fill the full screen then you will see the scroll bars appear. The infinite-scroller won't kick in unless the scroll-bars show.

I'll make a note to get it fixed.

7 minutes ago, adamw said:

Ah, okay - I've seen this bug before. If you don't have the mark scheme manager expanded to fill the full screen then you will see the scroll bars appear. The infinite-scroller won't kick in unless the scroll-bars show.

I'll make a note to get it fixed.

Ah....  so it does.......

6 minutes ago, ADT said:

By the way....  yep that looks like the one i used!! :P

If you want, I can request a copy of your DB and try it here. May be a couple of days before I get chance though. Or, we can wait and see how it looks after the next update?

2 minutes ago, adamw said:

If you want, I can request a copy of your DB and try it here. May be a couple of days before I get chance though. Or, we can wait and see how it looks after the next update?

Im in no rush......  i was just playing around anyway!! :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gbligh said:

Is there a set date/release for when assignment manager will be going? Staff like it as it's a simple one to use, Markbook will look scary to them! :P

Hi 

Just thought I'd jump on and explain a bit to possibly help ease any fears.

1. All the features of assignment manager are duplicated in Markbook
  2. If you never create a markbook, the view will always default to the Assignment List view - which is really similar to Assignment Manager
  3. The only differences are improved features like the Hand-in all button and improved visibility for features like Preview Assignment.  It's really not a big leap - it just looks nicer.
  4. We do not plan to develop Assignment Manager further - all future developments will be to Markbook - we're hoping to hide the application in the summer holidays (note: hoping - this will be influenced by your feedback)

If you're having to "sell" the changes to your teachers, i'd really push point 3.  It's just nicer and easier to see what's going on.

8 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi 

Just thought I'd jump on and explain a bit to possibly help ease any fears.

1. All the features of assignment manager are duplicated in Markbook
  2. If you never create a markbook, the view will always default to the Assignment List view - which is really similar to Assignment Manager
  3. The only differences are improved features like the Hand-in all button and improved visibility for features like Preview Assignment.  It's really not a big leap - it just looks nicer.
  4. We do not plan to develop Assignment Manager further - all future developments will be to Markbook - we're hoping to hide the application in the summer holidays (note: hoping - this will be influenced by your feedback)

If you're having to "sell" the changes to your teachers, i'd really push point 3.  It's just nicer and easier to see what's going on.

You know what its like in some schools.....  they see change as a bad thing.....  we'll get there!! ;)

• 3 months later...

@Matt So we do whole year group standardised tests (Year 9)...  mixture of  Frog Quiz and uploaded work which we can mark.....  with some tweaking (setting the assignment with the right scoring/getting this mark scheme thing right) looks like it could be really useful!! 

Would be better if it could automatically fill in the final grade (red circle) based on the mark given for the different section of the assigmentment

And  if we could get the kids IT class on the markbook/export csv so we can sort them into it classes once we get a total mark!!

image.png

21 hours ago, ADT said:

@Matt So we do whole year group standardised tests (Year 9)...  mixture of  Frog Quiz and uploaded work which we can mark.....  with some tweaking (setting the assignment with the right scoring/getting this mark scheme thing right) looks like it could be really useful!! 

Would be better if it could automatically fill in the final grade (red circle) based on the mark given for the different section of the assigmentment

And  if we could get the kids IT class on the markbook/export csv so we can sort them into it classes once we get a total mark!!

The first thing you're asking for would definetly require development.  If you can make an Idea on the Ideas Portal we can then factor this into future thinking.

The second thing you mention is acheiveble right now.  Instead of assigning the whole year group, if you add in the individual classes to the assignment, you can then create markbooks both for each class and a year group.

59 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

The first thing you're asking for would definetly require development.  If you can make an Idea on the Ideas Portal we can then factor this into future thinking.

The second thing you mention is acheiveble right now.  Instead of assigning the whole year group, if you add in the individual classes to the assignment, you can then create markbooks both for each class and a year group.

Its need a filter on this markbook.......  so you you staff cont see all....  but see their departments...  i've got departments set up as groups would be the matter of applying rules!

O and a scroll bar for the kids names......

I need to play around with markbooks and how they can be used when setting things in a different way!!  I get what you are saying but if you want to set a whole year group an assignment its quick to stick in Year 09 than sit and add each of the 14 different classes...... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrian, sorry I really need to check the forums more often!!

At the moment it is just looking at the overall assignment level - however if you can raise an idea on the portal for that I'm sure it will gather votes!

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hi Adrian, sorry I really need to check the forums more often!!

At the moment it is just looking at the overall assignment level - however if you can raise an idea on the portal for that I'm sure it will gather votes!

Yes you do.... you're tagged all over on the forum!!! ?

• Haha 1