New Markbook App

ADT

47 minutes ago, ADT said:

Yep they are in per subject...  yep aspects!! :D

Ah cool, I'll have a think about that, may be worth investigation. As a side note, do you export your aspects to Frog and display the results anywhere?

Nope....  see we are revisiting the same thing....  Exam Timetables...  Our Praise Certificates...  Student Detentions..........  we have all the Data on SIMs....  i would like to have the Frog SIMs extractor pull the data..........  but it doesn't!! :(

The extractor will pull aspects and results from SIMS, which I think is a part of PEP. You then use the Frog Parent manager to configure them all and the various attainment widgets to show them.

The other things (except for the exam timetables) I don't know about I'm afraid.

20 minutes ago, adamw said:

The extractor will pull aspects and results from SIMS, which I think is a part of PEP. You then use the Frog Parent manager to configure them all and the various attainment widgets to show them.

The other things (except for the exam timetables) I don't know about I'm afraid.

Yeah see we don't have PEP....  but if TMGS are pulled in as aspects potentially they could auto populate the TG column in markbooks???

If it can.... it's just another reason we should have PEP!! :D

14 minutes ago, ADT said:

Just to keep staff clam here....  you aren't planning on getting rid of the current Assignment Manager app.........

@Matt @Graham Quince @whowever reads this....

Eventually - but the new section in Markbook Manager should do everything and more that assignment manager used to do. If there's something that it looks like we've missed, then let us know!

11 minutes ago, adamw said:

Eventually - but the new section in Markbook Manager should do everything and more that assignment manager used to do. If there's something that it looks like we've missed, then let us know!

Most of our staff are creatures of habit..  anything new scares them!!! 

I mentioned this morning in our Briefing that Assignments button has changed to Markbook and for further info check the  release notes attached on Frog notices.......  you'd think i had told them Ofsted were coming in 10 mins!!

1 minute ago, ADT said:

Most of our staff are creatures of habit..  anything new scares them!!! 

I mentioned this morning in our Briefing that Assignments button has changed to Markbook and for further info check the  release notes attached on Frog notices.......  you'd think i had told them Ofsted were coming in 10 mins!!

I'm sure once they see how much better it is, they'll adapt pretty quickly :)

3 minutes ago, adamw said:

I'm sure once they see how much better it is, they'll adapt pretty quickly :)

Spoken by the man who sits behind the code...........  not the man who has to "sell" it to the people who will use it!! :P

In time like most things it'll be fine....  it the initial "sticky plaster" effect that is the hardest bit!!

4 minutes ago, gbligh said:

Is there a set date/release for when assignment manager will be going? Staff like it as it's a simple one to use, Markbook will look scary to them! :P

I'm not sure. Most likely, It'll still be accessible for a while, during which time we hope people will switch over to using Markbook. The new assignments list works in much the same way as the old one, just with a bit more information and some new shiny colours :)

5 minutes ago, adamw said:

I'm not sure. Most likely, It'll still be accessible for a while, during which time we hope people will switch over to using Markbook. The new assignments list works in much the same way as the old one, just with a bit more information and some new shiny colours :)

Colours which make no sense.... (by the way i changed the colours in system preferences)

Bound.png

Not sure how it works out if a kid is on target based on a percentage.....  when the grade is L1D*....  or how 60 & 26 is white and 54 is yellow!!

Markbook.png

18 minutes ago, gbligh said:

Is there a set date/release for when assignment manager will be going? Staff like it as it's a simple one to use, Markbook will look scary to them! :P

The other question you have got to ask is will @pconkie's assignment lookup be affected when its removed?

3 minutes ago, ADT said:

Colours which make no sense.... (by the way i changed the colours in system preferences)

Bound.png

Not sure how it works out if a kid is on target based on a percentage.....  when the grade is L1D*....  or how 60 & 26 is white and 54 is yellow!!

Markbook.png

I'd have to look at how you're markscheme is set up to be able to see what's going on. Is that markscheme one brought over from SIMS or one you've made yourself?

Just now, ADT said:

The other question you have got to ask is will @pconkie's assignment lookup be affected when its removed?

Shouldn't be, as the api's won't be changing.

17 minutes ago, adamw said:

I'd have to look at how you're markscheme is set up to be able to see what's going on. Is that markscheme one brought over from SIMS or one you've made yourself?

Shouldn't be, as the api's won't be changing.

From SIMS....   it would be better if you could change markscheme...  incase of mistakes...  or experimenting!! @Matt :P

@ADT

I replicated the data shown on my local development copy of Frog and this is what I got:

grades.PNG

I used the following grades in the markscheme:

ms.PNG

Can you confirm that is the same as the one you're using? It's possible that there was a bug that we've since fixed (I'll check into that). If not, then I could do with getting a copy of you're Frog DB so I can try and replicate the issue here.

10 minutes ago, adamw said:

@ADT

I replicated the data shown on my local development copy of Frog and this is what I got:

grades.PNG

I used the following grades in the markscheme:

ms.PNG

Can you confirm that is the same as the one you're using? It's possible that there was a bug that we've since fixed (I'll check into that). If not, then I could do with getting a copy of you're Frog DB so I can try and replicate the issue here.

Erm see when i go onto Mark Scheme Manager.......  i cant see much??? Am i missing something??  I have to admit it the first time i've looked at this!!MArk.png