UUID in forms?

ADT

12 minutes ago, ADT said:

Heres one...

UPN is useless for most forms....  but UUID would be really useful.....  imagine this...  if you could i don't know take the data with some minor excel magic and fire it back at Frog to create workshop groups...... 9_9

@Matt @Graham Quince

Why is UPN useless?  It's stored in both Frog and all(?) MIS systems*   Are you saying that with the UUID you could generate CSV to help you create groups?

*I'm aware of the tautology, but it reads eaiser than MIS'

Just now, Graham Quince said:

Why is UPN useless?  It's stored in both Frog and all(?) MIS systems*   Are you saying that with the UUID you could generate CSV to help you create groups?

*I'm aware of the tautology, but it reads eaiser than MIS'

Yep with UUID in a form it would be so much easier to help create groups on Frog!!  You could have a sign up sheet and then put the exported results back into frog to populate groups!! ;)

Sounds good...  but im working on a workshop style day like the Frog Conference...  choices made using a form....  but once i know groups i want to share specific sites with resources.

Ive used the Club field to create the workshop's...  and some usual clever Excel work to stitch the drop downs to a club field...  the missing link is the UUID!! Granted ive pulled that form another sheet...  but i wouldn't have need to if the UUID was included in a form submission!!

Just saying!! 9_9

While im on....  why cant you just upload users into a group..... 

To get my form export to work... i have to match up the submitters UUID...  current club list... and then tag on the workshop choices with a | in between......... So i can import it back into Frog to populate the workshop groups.......

Move to Froglearn they said... its so easier to use. they said....  so much more you can do they said.....................................

Bring back Frog3......... :P

On 11/12/2018 at 15:48, ADT said:

While im on....  why cant you just upload users into a group..... 

To get my form export to work... i have to match up the submitters UUID...  current club list... and then tag on the workshop choices with a | in between......... So i can import it back into Frog to populate the workshop groups.......

Move to Froglearn they said... its so easier to use. they said....  so much more you can do they said.....................................

Bring back Frog3......... :P

It does vastly more than Frog3 :P - in this case however, we've not yet provided the ability to add users into a group via a form, because quite frankly, It's never come up before :) 

Groups are managed through the groups and policies app (as well as via some FDP endpoints for the more enterprising of users). I've not looked into it for a while, but a logical first step would seem to be having a field matcher when importing csv's into groups like we do for users. Also, getting the users uuid into the form data doesn't seem like it would be too scary. 

I'll ping @Matt to see if we can add these to the idea pad / list of stuffs to do!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamw said:

It does vastly more than Frog3 :P - in this case however, we've not yet provided the ability to add users into a group via a form, because quite frankly, It's never come up before :) 

Groups are managed through the groups and policies app (as well as via some FDP endpoints for the more enterprising of users). I've not looked into it for a while, but a logical first step would seem to be having a field matcher when importing csv's into groups like we do for users. Also, getting the users uuid into the form data doesn't seem like it would be too scary. 

I'll ping @Matt to see if we can add these to the idea pad / list of stuffs to do!

The problem I've hit is to uploading users into groups.......  to get this to work you have to create the groups on Froglearn and then you are limited on where you can create groups.....  so ive chosen Clubs....  but you need to include the "Clubs" the user is currently in your CSV or when you upload the new "Club" it removes them from the other "Clubs".  

In Frog 3 you could create a CSV...  include just UPN and New Group....  upload and Bobs your Aunty!!