OneDrive Preview Widget Sign-in

DUNCAN LEWIS

Question

Hello Forum,

I am currently an ADFS authenticated user with an active OneDrive available through FrogDrive (so many drives :S). Access to this works fine but when I add a file to a site through the OneDrive Preview Widget it asks for SharePoint Sign In. I have added a share link through the widget settings (view access for anyone with the link) but the preview is still asking for login. I assumed even without the share link that as my account is ADFS, it would not require authentication.

Am I missing a trick?

Many Thanks

5 answers to this question

We use Onedrive and Frog... there are a few issues one of the biggest with the OneDrive Preview widget is it only works with your individual OneDrive no group shares!!  The APIs werent available when the integration work was done...  but they have been for a while now!!  Its about time this was revisited!! ;)

31 minutes ago, DUNCAN LEWIS said:

@ADT Individual OneDrive is fine for now, the problem is no preview without logging in. I'm authenticated against ADFS so surely it should  just use these credentials, Oh well, such is life when dealing with the big wigs 9_9

Individual is ok...  the issue is if you are producing work what is being shared with others (lesson plans/resources etc) if you leave the school then all that work is effectively "lost" when your account is deleted!!  Hence our use of group shares!! ;)

See i do use the previewer for my own things...  and if i am already logged into my emails as well as Frog i don't get asked to authenticate my credentials...  but if im not i do!!