Group Leaders Managing Group's?

ADT

I have to admit....  im a bit controlling and don't like the idea of teachers (and i am one) being able to have access to groups in Frog!!!

I was thinks though....  wouldn't it be great if Staff could only see and manage groups they are leaders of!! 

So I create a group for the Chess Club...  and set "Mr Whats His Face" as leader.... then he could add and remove the kids himself.... but he could only see and manage non MIS groups he was leader of........

Unless this already exists and i just don't know about it?

@pconkie @Graham Quince @gbligh

Sounds like a sensible idea. Would need a little bit of thought around how this may affect other areas in the platform. For example, if we only allow users to see groups they're a leader of, would we still allow them to see other groups when setting assignments? What about when sharing sites etc... 

Still, I think there's something to that suggestion - I haven't checked the idea-pad for it yet, If it's not already on there it would be a good addition. 

I'll keep it in the back of my mind and give it some more thought,

On 12/11/2018 at 11:15, adamw said:

Sounds like a sensible idea. Would need a little bit of thought around how this may affect other areas in the platform. For example, if we only allow users to see groups they're a leader of, would we still allow them to see other groups when setting assignments? What about when sharing sites etc... 

Still, I think there's something to that suggestion - I haven't checked the idea-pad for it yet, If it's not already on there it would be a good addition. 

I'll keep it in the back of my mind and give it some more thought,

Morning Adam...

Not sure how i missed your response... its been a busy one!!  You're right you want them to be able to set assignments etc for other groups....  but i was hoping there might be a way to limit the groups and policies app!! ;)

I did contemplate the ideals portal...  but to be honest  it seams to have gone a bit stagnant!!!

Thanks

27 minutes ago, ADT said:

Morning Adam...

Not sure how i missed your response... its been a busy one!!  You're right you want them to be able to set assignments etc for other groups....  but i was hoping there might be a way to limit the groups and policies app!! ;)

I did contemplate the ideals portal...  but to be honest  it seams to have gone a bit stagnant!!!

Thanks

We comb the idea portal all the time when we're deciding upon future development - so it's still a good place to make suggestions :)

• Like 1