Can someone be a Teacher when they are NOT a Teacher?

ADT

Question

OK so we have a member of our Post 16 team who is teaching a Yr 9 History class...... 

in NOVA-T/SIMs he is down to be the class teacher.......

the teaching group is on Frog....  but there is no Leader??? 

The only thing we can think is he isn't set up as a Teacher in SIMs but he is down to be the group leader??? 

From what i can see Froglearn doesn't distinguish between Staff and Teachers like Frog 3???  Unless it does just we don't know??

Any ideas?

@Matt @savillecj

5 answers to this question

Yes it allows schools to still only import teaching staff and not non teaching staff if they want. However I believe another school has reported this issue with non teaching staff not linking to groups so I'll take a look for the bug ticket and get it moved up the list for you.

• Like 1

Hi Adrian, you're correct in that Frog Learn doesn't distinguish between Staff and Teachers like Frog 3 did so I don't believe the issue is here. However our extractors still do distinguish between Teaching and Non Teaching staff when extracting staff users, and that when adding teachers to groups as group leaders it only checks teacher accounts, so this could be the root of the problem. Can you run the FROG_Users_NonTeaching report in SIMS to see if this user appears in the results?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, savillecj said:

Hi Adrian, you're correct in that Frog Learn doesn't distinguish between Staff and Teachers like Frog 3 did so I don't believe the issue is here. However our extractors still do distinguish between Teaching and Non Teaching staff when extracting staff users, and that when adding teachers to groups as group leaders it only checks teacher accounts, so this could be the root of the problem. Can you run the FROG_Users_NonTeaching report in SIMS to see if this user appears in the results?

Morning Craig,,,

Yep hes on the NonTeaching List!!!  So is there a reason the extractor distinguishes between staff and teachers if they aren't different in Frog??

Thanks!

1 minute ago, savillecj said:

Yes it allows schools to still only import teaching staff and not non teaching staff if they want. However I believe another school has reported this issue with non teaching staff not linking to groups so I'll take a look for the bug ticket and get it moved up the list for you.

Thanks Craig.....  :D

@savillecj

Any update on this???

I have done a work around...  i manually recreated  the group as a new class and added the member of staff and made him the leader!!  But if the class changed i'll have to manually update his class!!