Exam Timetables?

ADT

Ahhhhhhh formatting.......Its took me blinking ages to manually delete the stupid extra lines...  but i've uploaded Year 11 exam timetables.......  now just counting down the days till they get revised........................................ :S

• Haha 1

On 05/04/2019 at 14:23, ADT said:

Ahhhhhhh formatting.......Its took me blinking ages to manually delete the stupid extra lines...  but i've uploaded Year 11 exam timetables.......  now just counting down the days till they get revised........................................ :S

I’d write a strongly worded letter to Capita if I were you! Clearly there is a way for companies to pay money to capita and use an api to get this information out of Sims cleanly. Schools have to spen hours reformatting....

On 09/04/2019 at 09:19, pconkie said:

I’d write a strongly worded letter to Capita if I were you! Clearly there is a way for companies to pay money to capita and use an api to get this information out of Sims cleanly. Schools have to spen hours reformatting....

Don’t think they’d listen somehow.....  even with my “charm”.... little fish in a huge ocean!!! ?

• 10 months later...

This is great. As usual

However, I seem to have a problem with creating a pdf. Nothing happens when I click the button?

I'm using Chrome as my browser.

Also, if I use the User select widget, it's not giving me anything, maybe I don't have the later version, I've tried updating in Package Manager, but it says I'm up to date.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, adamw said:

@pconkie glad you managed to get something out of SIMS that was useful! I'll happily have a look at the widget when I get the opportunity. Also, I'd be interested in seeing the raw output of that CSV from Exams organiser. 

I assume other people who have SIMS also use this add on for exam timetables?n Or do you use something else?

We use Sims, but our data/exams manager is so fed up with its "quirks" that she has written her own database. She uses the "Exams Organiser" module to make sure that her team don't miss any entries through "Human Error", but exports the info to be manipulated in her own database. Rooming (we don't have an exam hall)/special access arrangements etc.

This means it takes seconds to output the file for use in Paul's widget, she now has a query set up which creates the csv file with the correct headings etc. She was absolutely delighted with the result as it has cut out a massive amount of effort on her team's part as well as saving a small forest!

• Thanks 1

@pdurber

I can't replicate this issue.  At first I thought it might be related to not having seats in the imported data, but i tried it on my platform with no seats and the pdf was created as expected.

What error messages are in the console window?  In Chrome click on the three dots top right --> more tools --> developer tools.  Switch to the console tab.  Click the pdf button and then post a screen shot of any message(s) that appear.

1 hour ago, pdurber said:

Thanks for the excellent instructions. Below is the screenshot.

pdf error.PNG

Interesting. Can you paste a small sample of the data pasted into the widget? (Maybe the first student will be enough - you can change the upn to keep it anonymous). Still think it is to do with the seat....

• Thanks 1

Here's the first 2 students data

{
   "Q933202808019": [
      {
         "Date": "24/02/2020",
         "Time": "09:00",
         "ClassCode": "En",
         "CompTitle": "English Literature paper 1 - Shakespeare and the 19th Century novel",
         "Duration": 105,
         "Room": "Futures Exam Hall",
         "Seat Number": ""
      },
      {
         "Date": "25/02/2020",
         "ClassCode": "Fr",
         "CompTitle": "French - French Writing",
         "Duration": 120,
         "Room": "Northcote Exam Hall",
      },

39 minutes ago, pdurber said:

Here's the first 2 students data

{
   "Q933202808019": [
      {
         "Date": "24/02/2020",
         "ClassCode": "En",
         "CompTitle": "English Literature paper 1 - Shakespeare and the 19th Century novel",
         "Duration": 105,
         "Room": "Futures Exam Hall",
      },
      {
         "Date": "25/02/2020",
         "ClassCode": "Fr",
         "CompTitle": "French - French Writing",
         "Duration": 120,
         "Room": "Northcote Exam Hall",
      },

When i paste this into an Exam Timetable widget i don't get the same as what is shown in your video.  The Code and Seat columns show "undefined".  Which is the same as the pdf error message, which I can now replicate.  In the data above 'ClassCode' should be 'CompCode' and 'Seat Number' should be 'Seat'.

Also the duration's need to be treated like text.  This means they need to be wrapped in quotation marks,

Once i make these changes the pdf is produced despite the seats being blank!

Edited by pconkie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pconkie said:

When i paste this into an Exam Timetable widget i don't get the same as what is shown in your video.  The Code and Seat columns show "undefined".  Which is the same as the pdf error message, which I can now replicate.  In the data above 'ClassCode' should be 'CompCode' and 'Seat Number' should be 'Seat'.

Also the duration's need to be treated like text.  This means they need to be wrapped in quotation marks,

Once i make these changes the pdf is produced despite the seats being blank!

He shoots...  he scores!!  Conkies back!! ?

Thanks for all the help.

Whatever I did with our data I was still getting the same problem, until I changed the Duration to Hrs & Mins. The JSFON conversion was removing the " however I formatted the data.

Then it all worked perfectly.

?

• Thanks 1