Exam Timetables?

ADT

1 hour ago, ADT said:

It seems we add "Special Arrangements required" onto our candidate timetables below the other data...  this throws those timetables out by 1 column!!  Mint!

We do this too. The macro takes care of that. I think the issue must be the final step to turn the xls to keyed Json?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, gbligh said:

@pconkie - we have been using this really well for Year 11 and Year 13 and they love it. Thanks for creating. I got the attached email from a parent though and wonder if you can shed any light on it? I've heard this from a few kids too ....

FW Mock Exam Timetables.pdf

Yeah - that's a bug that didn't appear when we used it because we didn't put on as many exams as you.  I'm using a library to create the pdf and assumed that a new page would be automatically added if needed.  What is actually happening is that all exams are getting printed to the pdf but some are outside the range of the viewable area of the page.

I have fixed this so that if we reach the bottom on the page a new page is added.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c31152f3029d509eb0d05f85b135192d.PNG

I have also added a widget preference so that the pdf button can be hidden.

Hopefully @Graham Quince can update your server with the new version.

Paul

24 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Yeah - that's a bug that didn't appear when we used it because we didn't put on as many exams as you.  I'm using a library to create the pdf and assumed that a new page would be automatically added if needed.  What is actually happening is that all exams are getting printed to the pdf but some are outside the range of the viewable area of the page.

I have fixed this so that if we reach the bottom on the page a new page is added.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c31152f3029d509eb0d05f85b135192d.PNG

I have also added a widget preference so that the pdf button can be hidden.

Hopefully @Graham Quince can update your server with the new version.

Paul

Amazing thank you Paul.

@Graham Quince if you could do the honours :) 

10 minutes ago, gbligh said:

How do I update a current widget with a new version?

If you have access to package manager, you can upload the new version and then press 'check for updates' from the cog menu. You should then see that the widget get's a little icon above it to show that an update is available. Select it and press 'update' and that should do it.

That's from memory, pretty sure I didn't miss any steps :P

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

I'm sure Paul rewrote it on George's request to work with the User Select widget

Must have missed that...  reading through this thread I can see gblyth asking...  Conkie saying would need tweeking maybe frog could...  then later on gblyth saying something about a parent email!!  Guess I should give it a go then!!  ?

Erm....  sorry to be a pain  again.......

Anyone else had issues with putting this summers exams in.....  some of our kids have two pages worth of exam entries...  and it doesnt like it!!!

And its messed up with kids with Special Requirements!!!

Why does nothing work for us out of the box :$

@pconkie

Update....  looks like they are one in the same issue.....  when it goes over to another page it knacks!!! 

Basically some kids second sheets start with a random Component Title -  P2f (some science exam) over hanging from the first page or Room - only (which we use for the special arrangements)

Hmmmmmmmmm

2 hours ago, ADT said:

Erm....  sorry to be a pain  again.......

Anyone else had issues with putting this summers exams in.....  some of our kids have two pages worth of exam entries...  and it doesnt like it!!!

And its messed up with kids with Special Requirements!!!

Why does nothing work for us out of the box :$

@pconkie

Update....  looks like they are one in the same issue.....  when it goes over to another page it knacks!!! 

Basically some kids second sheets start with a random Component Title -  P2f (some science exam) over hanging from the first page or Room - only (which we use for the special arrangements)

Hmmmmmmmmm

Make sure you have the latest version of the widget as I made some changes for George to fix the "more than one page" problem.

As for the other issue, your format must have changed since your mock exams!!!  Why would that be?  I take it you used the *special* version of the macro i sent you?  Don't suppose the original version of the macro now works for you?!

17 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Make sure you have the latest version of the widget as I made some changes for George to fix the "more than one page" problem.

As for the other issue, your format must have changed since your mock exams!!!  Why would that be?  I take it you used the *special* version of the macro i sent you?  Don't suppose the original version of the macro now works for you?!

Hi Conkie.....

I'm not even onto the widget bit  this is just sorting formatting the data!!

It because the data over hangs onto a second page on the report so when you export it from SIMs it give them two entries...  and on the second one it sometimes starts with the data from the one above.....

image.png