Reset Passwords

ADT

Out of interest why was the way to be reminded of a password swapped from needing to key in the username (Frog 3) to email address (Froglearn)??

Sometimes parents only provide one email address but have both parents in SIMs so we use the same address for both.  If someone tries to reset the password it wont work because it says there are two accounts with the same email address!!!  But if it used Username like in Frog 3 it wouldn't matter!!

New to the ways of Froglearn....  Frog 3 was mint!!  That is all!! :D

https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-1147

@ADT haha - I couldn't use Matt as people kept mistaking it for Mark or Max somehow.... probably the accent.

Sorry for the delay replying! 

Yes as Graham has alluded to - we are looking at improving the Parent login process. It is early days with it but hopefully it's not a huge project.

We've captured the idea for the ability to enter your username in the forgot password field, in order to reset the password - as well as a bunch of other suggestions (which we can share on here when we have ironed those out). For that one it does get around the duplicate email address issue, however we still want to improve the process for schools to spot any duplicate emails (so they at least know which users can't use their email address for forgot password - and can only use their username once we implement that ability).

But any other ideas anyone has got around the forgot password functionality / logging in, please post it on here. We'll be taking into account similar suggestions on the ideas portal too!

Cheers

Matt

18 hours ago, Matt said:

@ADT haha - I couldn't use Matt as people kept mistaking it for Mark or Max somehow.... probably the accent.

Sorry for the delay replying! 

Yes as Graham has alluded to - we are looking at improving the Parent login process. It is early days with it but hopefully it's not a huge project.

We've captured the idea for the ability to enter your username in the forgot password field, in order to reset the password - as well as a bunch of other suggestions (which we can share on here when we have ironed those out). For that one it does get around the duplicate email address issue, however we still want to improve the process for schools to spot any duplicate emails (so they at least know which users can't use their email address for forgot password - and can only use their username once we implement that ability).

But any other ideas anyone has got around the forgot password functionality / logging in, please post it on here. We'll be taking into account similar suggestions on the ideas portal too!

Cheers

Matt

For us we know we have duplicate emails.....  some family only provide one email address......    so thats what we put in SIMs.  

Frog 3 was username....  made sense to me...  you want to get a password reset so we'll send you an email to the address attached to that account.... if its not your account it you cant get a password reset.....  Usual thing to put on an email like that is if you haven't requested a Password Reset contact etc!!

Not sure why it switched to email address??

@ADT I reckon the decision must have been made that Parents were more likely to remember their email address than Frog username. Might be the case for some schools, but you're right - the username route would be far less limiting!

Will give you a shout when we start development for this, so we can get feedback on the ideas before anything is actually built! If anyone else is interested in getting involved with this too, just let me know on here / send me a message!

Cheers

Matt

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

@ADT I reckon the decision must have been made that Parents were more likely to remember their email address than Frog username. Might be the case for some schools, but you're right - the username route would be far less limiting!

Will give you a shout when we start development for this, so we can get feedback on the ideas before anything is actually built! If anyone else is interested in getting involved with this too, just let me know on here / send me a message!

Cheers

Matt

You know me Matt.... im the shy retiring type.....  not one for giving opinions............... :P

• Haha 1