PaperCut

ADT

21 minutes ago, ADT said:

So who's fixing this????  @adamw @Graham Quince

I think for the time being, we may have to live with the faff - I don't think fixing this will be straight forwards. Deployed code and staging code lives in very different places. We might be able to re-write some of this on the fly and change it upon deployment, but that opens up a whole world of potential broken things.

I'll look into it when I have some time.

In regards to the widget itself, let me know if you're having problems getting the images to show - we can update the widget as soon as we are sent a new version.

4 hours ago, adamw said:

I think for the time being, we may have to live with the faff - I don't think fixing this will be straight forwards. Deployed code and staging code lives in very different places. We might be able to re-write some of this on the fly and change it upon deployment, but that opens up a whole world of potential broken things.

I'll look into it when I have some time.

In regards to the widget itself, let me know if you're having problems getting the images to show - we can update the widget as soon as we are sent a new version.

I have to admit i don't know where to start to fix this........ 

• 2 weeks later...

Erm random question...  what do you use PapeCut for??

It seams we might have been misinformed by those who signed the deal.....  I assumed this could be used to track all "printing" not just whats been done on photocopies/MFD's???? 

Have you removed legacy printers and all printing goes through these devices???

Thanks in advance!!

@pconkie @gbligh

I think PaperCut can monitor printing on networked printers if it is installed on the same server as the print server.  For USB printers I think there is some client software the needs installing on each machine that has a USB printer plugged in.

• Thanks 1