PaperCut

ADT

Don't suppose any one has used/are using PaperCut???

Don't know anything about it but we are getting it in and wondered if there was a way to display credits on Frog??  Assuming it does print credits??

Thanks in advanced!!

:D

2 hours ago, ADT said:

Don't suppose any one has used/are using PaperCut???

Don't know anything about it but we are getting it in and wondered if there was a way to display credits on Frog??  Assuming it does print credits??

Thanks in advanced!!

:D

Never heard of it personally. @Graham Quince probably has though :P - what is it? Do you have a link to their site?

@ADT We’ve got it and we’ve managed to get the following to show in frog for each user: pages printed, cost, trees cut down,  carbon footprint.

I suppose you could add credits remaining, but we don’t restrict student printing in this way. 

We have replaced the firmware on our photocopiers with the papercut firmware so that all copying can be monitored and included in frog too. 

I’ll try to dig out the code for frog next week.

• Thanks 2

@pconkie thanks mate!!

Currently our Reprographics man is just using trialing it to monitor usage because people have been printing rather than sending work to him or using the photocopiers!!  Printing is free other than the paper.... where as photocopying etc isn't..... strange thats department printing use is on the up!!! ;)

I just though i would get myself ahead of the game and see if others have it and if they have integrated it into frog!! :D

Capture.PNG.a03578fbf65daca4aebb9f0bdbaea37b.PNG

@ADT We've got environmental impact stats displaying in frog on a per user basis.

We had this in a html widget, but I've made a little FrogCode widget out of it for ease of sharing.

You will need to have turned on https on your PaperCut server and put a valid SSL certificate on it, otherwise some browsers will block the content.

You don't need to have your PaperCut server publicly available on the internet (we haven't, although you could).  This widget will use live data from your PaperCut server when on the local network but will also save the data within frog, so that it can show the saved data when the PaperCut server can not be reached e.g. when the user is at home.

I've also found that you can get whole school stats out of the PaperCut server too, such as the number of pages printed in the last hour and similar....

Edited by pconkie
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Capture.PNG.a03578fbf65daca4aebb9f0bdbaea37b.PNG

@ADT We've got environmental impact stats displaying in frog on a per user basis.

We had this in a html widget, but I've made a little FrogCode widget out of it for ease of sharing.

You will need to have turned on https on your PaperCut server and put a valid SSL certificate on it, otherwise some browsers will block the content.

You don't need to have your PaperCut server publicly available on the internet (we haven't, although you could).  This widget will use live data from your PaperCut server when on the local network but will also save the data within frog, so that it can show the saved data when the PaperCut server can not be reached e.g. when the user is at home.

I've also found that you can get whole school stats out of the PaperCut server too, such as the number of pages printed in the last hour and similar....

As always Conkie... not only looks good but looks useful!! ;)

3 minutes ago, adamw said:

I had a quick scan of the papercut API's last week and was a bit concerned about how they handled authentication - but I think I may have been looking at the older docs :)

Looks good - I'm sure @Graham Quince will be tapping you for the files!

Probably not...  the way some companies "handle" authentication is crazy!!! 9_9

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I've not refereed to the images that are packaged with the widget correctly in code.  Certainly seems like the paths do not work once the widget has been installed on another platform.  Can someone from frog @adamw ? have a look at the main.ejs file and advise if this is the problem?  Thanks  Paul.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pconkie said:

Maybe I've not refereed to the images that are packaged with the widget correctly in code.  Certainly seems like the paths do not work once the widget has been installed on another platform.  Can someone from frog @adamw ? have a look at the main.ejs file and advise if this is the problem?  Thanks  Paul.

I had a very similar issue a few days ago - where is Chris when you need him?! I found that the way to do this is to reference the files in css the following way:

background: url(package/widgets/B35B0FAE2001BA4583358F788054010052AAAE3C7C7E8B8C/assets/myfilenamehere.png);

I think before the app is installed - i.e. when you're first developing it, then you need to use a different path for the images, which is what threw me off - you have to reference the 'staging' path. I'll have to check the exact path and get back to you - but once it's installed it seems to be much easier!

So in short, you don't need to reference the files by resource uuid, just use a path like above.

Hopefully that helps!?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, adamw said:

I had a very similar issue a few days ago - where is Chris when you need him?! I found that the way to do this is to reference the files in css the following way:

background: url(package/widgets/B35B0FAE2001BA4583358F788054010052AAAE3C7C7E8B8C/assets/myfilenamehere.png);

I think before the app is installed - i.e. when you're first developing it, then you need to use a different path for the images, which is what threw me off - you have to reference the 'staging' path. I'll have to check the exact path and get back to you - but once it's installed it seems to be much easier!

So in short, you don't need to reference the files by resource uuid, just use a path like above.

Hopefully that helps!?

I've spotted this too.  I've started, if I'm building a widget with images, to add them all.  Deploy it and then code the widget.  It's a faff, but solves that particular problem.