Seating Plans - UPDATED: 02/09/21 - v3.2.8

pconkie

Just now, Graham Quince said:

You call the Service Desk and they can check for you

See i knew i wasnt going mad....  i was trying find out how you knew what version we had...  thinking there was something obvious i was missing!! ?

Paul

I just wanted to email and thank you.  A fantastic application, my whole school is loving it.  I am struggling a little with the print function, I'm guessing this might be down to the browser that I am using? We have Microsoft Edge, should it work with this?

Thanks again for sharing.

Charlie Jones

Haybridge High School & Sixth Form

Service desk say we have the latest version installed, but still showing the students ears and one eye.....

Given this is free and written by a none-Frog employee it feels very churlish to be complaining. But it's such a useful tool, I would like it working as we are new and it is something that staff can see is a great feature.

There seems to be another issue. The student in the most top-left seat can't be drag and dropped to another chair. I've tried altering the room layout to see if was just a single grid position, but that just moved the problem.

Cheers for all your hard work.

2 hours ago, pdurber said:

Service desk say we have the latest version installed, but still showing the students ears and one eye.....

Given this is free and written by a none-Frog employee it feels very churlish to be complaining. But it's such a useful tool, I would like it working as we are new and it is something that staff can see is a great feature.

There seems to be another issue. The student in the most top-left seat can't be drag and dropped to another chair. I've tried altering the room layout to see if was just a single grid position, but that just moved the problem.

Cheers for all your hard work.

Don't worry @pconkie will be twiddling his thumbs at the moment...…  hes got a whole year to sort out next years timetable...………………… ?

22 minutes ago, ADT said:

Don't worry @pconkie will be twiddling his thumbs at the moment...…  hes got a whole year to sort out next years timetable...………………… ?

I've fixed the drag and drop issue for the first seat when allocating boy-girl.  

I've got no students not perfectly centered in the circle, so believe this to be fixed also (although I thought this already was fixed).

If this update doesn't sort it, i'll need to see some screen and console shots. @Graham Quince over to you.

5 minutes ago, pconkie said:

I've fixed the drag and drop issue for the first seat when allocating boy-girl.  

I've got no students not perfectly centered in the circle, so believe this to be fixed also (although I thought this already was fixed).

If this update doesn't sort it, i'll need to see some screen and console shots. @Graham Quince over to you.

Clearly our photographer was taking more "arty" shots than yours!! ?

Out of interest what browser are you both using? I just tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox - all look right

Nothing looks right in Internet Explorer but i'm sure your not using this! I couldn't even open a frog-code app (any of them!).

There is a mobile friendly view where the kids slide in from the right horizontally to seat, but again this looks correct on iphone and ipad.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, clangstaff said:

Is anyone else having issues with Seating Plans since the latest Frog release? When a new seating plan is created we are unable to open this however, it works fine for all plans created before receiving the latest Frog update.

Thanks,

Chris

@clangstaff I thought I would stick my nose in this one and noticed that you have an outdated version of the Seating Plans application on your Frog platform, you were on version 3.1.7. I have updated the application to 3.1.18 which is the latest one. 

LATEST VERSION

If you go here: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/seatingplans - this page will let you know what is the most updated version of the app, you can fill out the form with your name, school and email address and selecting the T&C option just below it. This will then provide you with the .tgz file that you need to install/update the application. 

CURRENT VERSION

To know what version you are running currently, this requires looking in the browser developer tools. If you open up your browser developer tools, and go to the "Network" tab, then open your Package Manager application thereafter, you will see the following API call packages.get, if you select this then go into the "Preview" tab on the right. It's a case then of selecting the drop down options under "data" to check which version you are running. I have attached a screenshot of the developer tools to show where I am referring to. 

Can you check now to see if this application is working for you now post me updating it?

Capture.PNG

18 hours ago, Tom said:

@clangstaff I thought I would stick my nose in this one and noticed that you have an outdated version of the Seating Plans application on your Frog platform, you were on version 3.1.7. I have updated the application to 3.1.18 which is the latest one. 

LATEST VERSION

If you go here: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/seatingplans - this page will let you know what is the most updated version of the app, you can fill out the form with your name, school and email address and selecting the T&C option just below it. This will then provide you with the .tgz file that you need to install/update the application. 

CURRENT VERSION

To know what version you are running currently, this requires looking in the browser developer tools. If you open up your browser developer tools, and go to the "Network" tab, then open your Package Manager application thereafter, you will see the following API call packages.get, if you select this then go into the "Preview" tab on the right. It's a case then of selecting the drop down options under "data" to check which version you are running. I have attached a screenshot of the developer tools to show where I am referring to. 

Can you check now to see if this application is working for you now post me updating it?

Capture.PNG

Hi Tom - thanks for the response and for updating the version for me. The issue is still occurring for me though. In the console I get the following error message when trying to open a newly created seating plan.

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: div[data-name=].seat_selected
    at Function.t.error (dist/bundles/lib/lib.js:304)
    at t.tokenize (dist/bundles/lib/lib.js:304)
    at Function.t (dist/bundles/lib/lib.js:304)
    at Function.e.find (jquery-migrate:3)
    at e.fn.init.find (dist/bundles/lib/lib.js:304)
    at e.fn.init.e.fn.find (jquery-migrate:3)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (core_controller:NaN), <anonymous>:819:33)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at l.eval (eval at <anonymous> (core_controller:NaN), <anonymous>:817:48)
    at Array.eval (dist/bundles/lib/lib.js:304)

1. 0: "No driver instance to handle files"
  2. callee: ƒ ()
  3. length: 1
  4. Symbol(Symbol.iterator): ƒ values()
  5. __proto__: Object

Any suggestions?

@clangstaff

My colleague @Jay will be responding to you directly on the Service Desk ticket, as he is going to raise this with our developers as this application is now supported by Frog. 

FYI for anyone viewing this thread due to their Seating Plans Application not working: it seems that the Seating Plans Application is broken in the Beethoven release, therefore, if you find your Application is not working post receiving this release, please contact the Service Desk directly on 01422 395 939, or email support@frogeducation.com and we will investigate asap. 

• 2 weeks later...