Seating Plans - UPDATED: 02/09/21 - v3.2.8

pconkie

@Graham Quince FrogSeats v2 is ready to go!

Updates:

1. A preferences section

Capture.PNG.3eb638ed8010a0d284c17c0fb15cea5b.PNG

You can now choose what contextual data appears on the plans.  Still operates via the ! button so that you can use caution when kids are in the room!

You can only choose from the data the frog extractor pulls in from your MIS and there is only space on the seating plan for a maximum of 4 bits of data.

You can now choose the way student names appear: {forename surname} or {surname forename}. Currently you need to re-start the app (close and open again) to see this change take affect.  This setting alters the way the auto:alphabetical button works.

2. A limitation of the way data is imported from your MIS into frog is that only one teacher is assigned to each class.  e.g. sixth form classes typically have two teachers,. but up to now only one of these teachers could create a seating plan for the group.  Now you can add a seating plan for any class in the school. This works the same way as when you create an assignment, so it should be familiar.

Untitled.png.c19cec82bb58fafb13a76402cc9a620d.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally been given the green light from SLT with this......  its epic!!  Everyone i have shown it to here has been like.............  why haven't we had this before!!! 

Today i had an email from our Junior High School asking me.....  whats this seating planner you have!!!!

I assume @pconkie you don't have FrogParent....  but if you did could Current and Target subject Grades be put on???  Just wondering!! :D

We do have FrogParent actually, but I've  not got round to mapping those Assessment Manager aspects....

I was happy enough when linked documents appeared in frog - that parents could see target grades etc that way.

Pleased it has been so well received at your place. I should start charging!

4 minutes ago, pconkie said:

We do have FrogParent actually, but I've  not got round to mapping those Assessment Manager aspects....

I was happy enough when linked documents appeared in frog - that parents could see target grades etc that way.

Pleased it has been so well received at your place. I should start charging!

Check out my Frog Parent message in General Chat!!

And you should be charging....  like have said before Frog should be buying the thing off you to Frogasise....  because it could be another reason to buy Frog!! :D

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, pconkie said:

We are on Parks 11.1.8 - is this the latest release?

I don't see any problems - all works as expected.  What do you mean exactly by the "info' button?

Were on the same???  11.1.8

You know when you click "!" to show the kids Info we just get the dotty frog head!! :(

11 minutes ago, pconkie said:

We are on Parks 11.1.8 - is this the latest release?

I don't see any problems - all works as expected.  What do you mean exactly by the "info' button?

Anyway i thought you would have been at the big Reveal???

When i run it now......  in chrome console i get...

{"status":{"code":1000,"message":"An internal error has occurred"},"params":{"method":"users.getDataInCategory","_v":"v=1810_0_11","user_uuid":"4E1CD727200056117A9C2F0DC63AE9005797EA6CF4FD6A2A","uuid":"F3A046342004C31D2202BFC5159509053172444CCD360D5F","_":"1542808381011"},"data":null}

image.png

On 21/11/2018 at 13:56, ADT said:

When i run it now......  in chrome console i get...

{"status":{"code":1000,"message":"An internal error has occurred"},"params":{"method":"users.getDataInCategory","_v":"v=1810_0_11","user_uuid":"4E1CD727200056117A9C2F0DC63AE9005797EA6CF4FD6A2A","uuid":"F3A046342004C31D2202BFC5159509053172444CCD360D5F","_":"1542808381011"},"data":null}

image.png

While you are spreading the Black Friday joy...  don't suppose you would know why I'm getting this error? @adamw

4 minutes ago, ADT said:

While you are spreading the Black Friday joy...  don't suppose you would know why I'm getting this error? @adamw

According to the logs on your box:

failed because Cannot view this user's details

Which user are you logged in as?

5 minutes ago, adamw said:

You need to grant your staff profile access to user information in groups and policies. Specifically the 'view user details' role.

permissions.PNG

Are you taking the.........  solved the problem!!  This is a good Black Friday!!  I don't remember messing with this?????

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

As far as i know, this retains all existing seating plans.  

I went to install it and looks like you have the latest version already

Oh, when testing I did not see the additional preferences option. I will check again.

Apologies for my ignorance if it has already been updated.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested, we've updated the wording on the FrogSeats download page:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/frogseats

Paul Conkie of Backwell School has built and shared a seating planner which runs inside FrogLearn.  It allows you to drag and drop your class into room layouts you create.  It can display contextual data and can even sort seating for you.

A number of schools have asked if we will formally support his work, and we’re providing a tentative yes.  FrogSeats is Paul’s code, but we know that if your school chooses to use FrogSeats, you need to know that you can rely on it.   FrogSeats has been working successfully in schools since 2017 and Frog will make best endeavours to support this FrogCode application, even though it’s not an official Frog product.

We would also like to thank Paul Conkie for making this available to any Frog schools that wish to use it, at no cost.

The form now also provides you with the direct download, so you don't need me to install it for you.   Thanks as always @pconkie

• Like 1