Ideas Portal – group the same idea

S Marcham

I was having a look through the ideas portal as the teachers here would really like to be able to mark the column ‘complete’ in assignments them selves as students don’t do this and it causes a lot of confusion. The teachers would like to be able to keep a record here them selves if the work is complete or not.

I found someone else had already raised this idea, so I voted for it, then had a look through some other ideas. Whilst looking I came across 2 other ideas which are asking for the same thing. Now as they are all logged individually the votes are spread across them, so it appears it might have less chance of being looked at.

If the same ideas has been asked for several times and logged as separate tickets – wouldn’t it be better to have them as just one idea? Then all the votes can be added up as one? Or maybe you already have them all logged as one somewhere else, in which case just ignore me!

These are the items I came across:

FRG-I-1062 - Staff marking Assignments as complete (6 votes)

FRG-I-123 -Teachers to be able to complete/submit assignments on behalf of students (20 votes)

FRG-I-5 - Allow Teachers to complete an assignment (9 votes)

I also saw a few other ideas relating to the completed button.

Hi Sue,

When duplicates or similar ideas are pointed out, I do indeed merge them into one so the votes are pooled, and everyone gets a single update.

Thanks for dropping us a line to let us know - I'll merge them together this morning, and as that will then take the idea over the threshold I'll respond accordingly! 

Graham