Graham Quince

FrogCode - ePortfolio User Details widget

This widget is a bit of a hack, but as long as you set the recipient's username to be one of the elements of the eportfolio site title, this widget runs a search for that username and returns their photo, name and sex:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/eportfoliouserdetails

Quite a few people asked if it was possible, but @Pete Foulkes helped me test the code, so Blyth Bridge gets the credit. :)

Erm has this broke for anyone else??

So it works then when i close and reopen the site it doesn't work!!  If i edit the page...  open the widget settings...  untick and retick the show recipient picture its pops up again!!

@Graham Quince @adamw @Pete Foulkes

On 07/06/2019 at 12:14, ADT said:

So it works then when i close and reopen the site it doesn't work!!  If i edit the page...  open the widget settings...  untick and retick the show recipient picture its pops up again!!

Hi,

That doesn't sound good.  Are you free for a screen share this afternoon?

53 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi,

That doesn't sound good.  Are you free for a screen share this afternoon?

Are you over your jet lag???  Im free when you are....  ish!! :P

On 6/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, ADT said:

Broken for me too, until I retick the boxes and everything reappears :)

Just checked and looks like the corrected version never made it to the Community download. 

@Pete Foulkes - you've got 0.0.3, latest version is 0.0.8.

If you download the new version from the link above and install it through Package Manager, it will replace your existing widget.

When I try to install the latest version I get a failed to install error message.When I try to install the latest version I get a failed to install error message (attached).

failed to install widget.png

20 hours ago, Pete Foulkes said:

When I try to install the latest version I get a failed to install error message.When I try to install the latest version I get a failed to install error message (attached).

Hi @Pete Foulkes - occasionally an installs fails and then won't let you try again.   I've removed all trace of the widget from your box and re-installed.  Seems to be back now.