Slight bug on the new Noticeboard Widget?

C Wilson

Question

The updated Noticeboard Widget is great and I'm loving the new features.

However, there seems to be an issue with the spacing around posts... in simple terms they are quite big. You can see it on the attached screenshot.

Has anyone else noticed this?

noticeboard-spacing.jpg

9 answers to this question

6 hours ago, C Wilson said:

The updated Noticeboard Widget is great and I'm loving the new features.

However, there seems to be an issue with the spacing around posts... in simple terms they are quite big. You can see it on the attached screenshot.

Has anyone else noticed this?

noticeboard-spacing.jpg

It could be due to the existing notices being copied and pasted from somewhere? Perhaps a word document or an email? It could have picked up some extra-characters which are causing the spacing issues.  If you create a new one from scratch and type the entry in, does it do the same?

On 15/06/2018 at 16:06, adamw said:

It could be due to the existing notices being copied and pasted from somewhere? Perhaps a word document or an email? It could have picked up some extra-characters which are causing the spacing issues.  If you create a new one from scratch and type the entry in, does it do the same?

I've just done a test post from scratch and initially the spacing at the top of the post isn't there but when you reload the page and go back to the post the large spacing appears again! Really odd. See the screenshot showing the post I just put on...

noticeboard-spacing_v2.jpg

51 minutes ago, C Wilson said:

I've just done a test post from scratch and initially the spacing at the top of the post isn't there but when you reload the page and go back to the post the large spacing appears again! Really odd. See the screenshot showing the post I just put on...

noticeboard-spacing_v2.jpg

Hmmm, do you have any HTML widgets with custom CSS on the page or anything like that?

1 hour ago, adamw said:

Hmmm, do you have any HTML widgets with custom CSS on the page or anything like that?

There were a few HTML widgets on the staff dashboard but no real CSS included in them (mostly java script). I tried removing all the HTML widgets from the staff dashboard, clearing my cache, cookies etc and tried reloading but that didn't change anything...

2 hours ago, C Wilson said:

There were a few HTML widgets on the staff dashboard but no real CSS included in them (mostly java script). I tried removing all the HTML widgets from the staff dashboard, clearing my cache, cookies etc and tried reloading but that didn't change anything...

Right, so I've found the problem, It's a tiny thing and I'll try and get it into the next release - basically there's a container that displays the status message (live in x days, expired etc) - which takes up some space if the width of the noticeboard is below a certain size. You have the noticeboard in a smaller bucket, which is why you are seeing it, but other people don't.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, adamw said:

Right, so I've found the problem, It's a tiny thing and I'll try and get it into the next release - basically there's a container that displays the status message (live in x days, expired etc) - which takes up some space if the width of the noticeboard is below a certain size. You have the noticeboard in a smaller bucket, which is why you are seeing it, but other people don't.

I was about to post a screenshot that I think showed the problem you've mentioned. Thanks for looking at it and good to hear there will be a fix applied in the next release.

noticeboard-spacing_v3.jpg