Google verification

Corinne

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Corinne said:

Can someone tell me how I can get Google Verification to work? 

I have just updated out meta data and other things in here and seen the verification, what is meant to go in the settings for this? 

Hi Corinne,

That setting if for when Google Analytics is used for your public facing sites.

It allows you to validate that you are the owner of the site(s) to google, so that you can look at the analytics provided through them.

If you don't use them, just leave the field blank.

I hope that helps.

Hi,  

Sorry should have explained, it it on the site we use as our school website that I am trying to set this up for. I am just not sure how to make it work at the moment as the guide on google suggests uploading files to the site, which I cannot get to work. and then I find this box and I am not sure what to put in there to make it work.

Thanks! 

32 minutes ago, Corinne said:

Hi,  

Sorry should have explained, it it on the site we use as our school website that I am trying to set this up for. I am just not sure how to make it work at the moment as the guide on google suggests uploading files to the site, which I cannot get to work. and then I find this box and I am not sure what to put in there to make it work.

Thanks! 

Corinne, if you can paste the text google gives as instructions, perhaps I can make sense of it.

15 minutes ago, Simon Law said:

Corinne, if you can paste the text google gives as instructions, perhaps I can make sense of it.

I think there's two options for validating you are the owner of the site, one is to upload the file google gives you and the other is to set a code in one of the meta-tags. I'm assuming that this option does the latter. Though I've never had to use it personally, so without looking into it - that's a bit of a guess :P

15 minutes ago, adamw said:

I think there's two options for validating you are the owner of the site, one is to upload the file google gives you and the other is to set a code in one of the meta-tags. I'm assuming that this option does the latter. Though I've never had to use it personally, so without looking into it - that's a bit of a guess :P

Yes I tried the meta tags but googles site would not recognise it when I pasted it into that box

The instructions given are here https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35179?hl=en 

If you click through to the  'Search Console home page' that is where it shows you the available methods, each one I try throws up an error. 

3 hours ago, Corinne said:

Yes I tried the meta tags but googles site would not recognise it when I pasted it into that box

The instructions given are here https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35179?hl=en 

If you click through to the  'Search Console home page' that is where it shows you the available methods, each one I try throws up an error. 

Hi Corinna,

you've pasted too much in to the field (see image), just paste in the bYNMc_9HjibIXm5akuVQDI7tlLOWkSEypiJO3q-0XBE code into the field

image.thumb.png.32c7f2194ac9fef2c0d8e46e06d1ded1.png

then try again

4 minutes ago, Simon Law said:

Hi Corinna,

you've pasted too much in to the field (see image), just paste in the bYNMc_9HjibIXm5akuVQDI7tlLOWkSEypiJO3q-0XBE code into the field

image.thumb.png.32c7f2194ac9fef2c0d8e46e06d1ded1.png

then try again

Thanks. Tried that and the error message has now changed 

459906179_2018-05-1714_18_03-SearchConsole.thumb.png.df2524fb27c11e0e0fd75fe4260fd850.png