Help! Our School website is not showing up on Google

Guesty81

Question

Hi I'm wondering if you could help.

I designed our school's website using Frog as I was informed by Frog we could do this, and when chatting on this forum it seemed very possible. We now have our site up and running. The school has purchased a domain and it takes you to the Frog page, however, it just isn't showing up on Google. 

I have listed it, put meta tags into the page using the HTML widget. I phoned FROG, but only told google search works on the popularity of the site.

I could really do with someone's help. Our website is www.manchesterhospitalschool.com 

Many thanks

Chris

4 answers to this question

@Guesty81 I don't think adding the Meta tags etc in via the HTML widget will do anything.

You need to open the Site when logged into the platform, and then click on 'Site' at the top, and then 'Settings' in the drop down:

image.png

Then you should see the following screen, where you need to enter the metadata etc information:

image.png

15 hours ago, Guesty81 said:

Thanks for the tutorial and screenshots. I have a code in the Google Verification - what do I do with this?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Chris

Hi Chris, you have the google verification code in the settings now, that means you can now verify that you are the owner of the public facing site(s) to google analytics.

You should now be able to go onto the google webmaster pages (where you got your verification code from) and be able to view the analytics.

You may need to request that google re scans the site (to pick up the verification code)

image.png.ba0c919a69960d14293a1427195ae6d6.png

That is the data that google will use