SMTP Email

ghughes

Question

Hello,

We had our email migrated from local exchange to o365. We setup a smtp mail relay, however, for o365 to trust this email addresses need to come from an email in our domain. The Frog server sends from an @frogtrade.com account which according to Frog support we can't change so I can't get the frogserver sending email notifications.

Anybody else using 0365 email and getting email notifications working? If so how did you do it?

Thanks

Gareth

3 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, ghughes said:

Hello,

We had our email migrated from local exchange to o365. We setup a smtp mail relay, however, for o365 to trust this email addresses need to come from an email in our domain. The Frog server sends from an @frogtrade.com account which according to Frog support we can't change so I can't get the frogserver sending email notifications.

Anybody else using 0365 email and getting email notifications working? If so how did you do it?

Thanks

Gareth

Hi Gareth....

Not sure I can help you too much as yes it all works fine for us.... but I have nothing to do with how our O365 setup...  ours is managed by our LEA!! 

I take it you have integrated Outlook into Frog...  System Preferences>Office 365>Outlook... apart from that...  we have Frog pointing to a relay server at the LEA and it all just works!!

Sorry for the lukewarm response....  but if we can get it to work...  anyone else should be able to!! :D

Good luck!!

• Like 1

We ended up using a local server to relay the emails to Gmail ( we have a GSuite for Education setup and a 365 one as well) via IIS/SMTP, The 365 one was going to require some tweaks to our DNS configuration but we can only change that via RM Support Helpdesk each time so was just less hassle going via Google instead!

• Like 1