Revision Programme for Year 11

pconkie

Really pleased with this one: it's taken several months and a lot of hard work from our Heads of Department but we are now just about ready to launch and really test the power of frog....

Capture.thumb.PNG.fc4105d5d6a5671cd58a9e9c8c0e72fd.PNG

Clicking on "open my guided revision programme" opens this week to view page...

Capture2.thumb.PNG.ddcfea911a13c276f2101fe8855170c6.PNG

Slightly different on mobile....

Untitled.png.39378ebd0e8bce8d76cd83e08f0a131f.png

What is it?

An individualised 15 week revision programme for each student in year 11.  Especially for those students who find it difficult to start or put their own plan together.  It's full of suggested activities written by our staff/HODs.  Each activity will typically take 30-40 minutes.  There are 2 activities per school night (more during the holidays) and 8 at the weekend.  Everyone gets one day off per week! As the programme gets going there are more and more slots left intentionally blank so that the students can start to take control and "fill in the blanks",

Ii think a lot of students will want to immediately create their own based on being given this - which i think is great, how it should be and definitely will be encouraged.

We will give every student a hard copy booklet too.

How are we going to launch it

Launched to students in an extended assembly next week.  We have about 85% of parents signed up to attend a session after school next week too. Booklets will be handed out Thursday and all the sites in frog will go live at that point too.  Programme starts Saturday 10th March. We are hoping to see marginal gains across the PP cohort and with sub-groups of boys.

Happy to keep anyone who wan't to know how things go up to date,

Paul

Edited by pconkie
  • Like 2

Good luck with this one mate!!!  Lots of work put in!!

Its  just a shame that Kaboodle.....  MyMaths... etc done have a single sign on/embed feature!!! Kaboodle had one in Frog3 but it died!!! :(

Yes, your right about the single sign on - it's annoying.  Although our Head of Chemistry recently showed me how to directly link to specific pages in kerboodle digibooks and activities which is much better (as long as they are already logged in!).   

5 minutes ago, ADT said:

Good luck with this one mate!!!  Lots of work put in!!

Its  just a shame that Kaboodle.....  MyMaths... etc done have a single sign on/embed feature!!! Kaboodle had one in Frog3 but it died!!! :(

Not our fault!  :) Both Kerboodle and MyMaths were bought by OUP and they don't talk to us.   

At the time of purchasing, MyMaths were speaking to Frog about SSO and Kerboodle rewrote their login interface.  I was at Cramlington at the time and ranted over Twitter to them, but was ignored.

Love the revision site @pconkie.  

5 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Not our fault!  :) Both Kerboodle and MyMaths were bought by OUP and they don't talk to us.   

At the time of purchasing, MyMaths were speaking to Frog about SSO and Kerboodle rewrote their login interface.  I was at Cramlington at the time and ranted over Twitter to them, but was ignored.

Love the revision site @pconkie.  

Stop acting like a teenager @Graham Quince take some responsibility.... :P

• 1 year later...