Shared OneDrive Mapping

mhamilton

Is there a way to display your OneDrive in a Widget similar to the Shared Folders Widget.  We are moving more files to the Cloud and specifically OneDrive Folders.  I am hoping to Map this as a Drive for users so they can access their files and even download or edit them as they do in FrogDrive.  Any help here would be great.

Ok, so... here's a tutorial for embedding a Google Folder:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/google_folder_html

I bet any one of you could turn it into a widget.

With regards to OneDrive, it's a lot trickier.  We are speaking to Microsoft with this in mind, but it's not going to be as simple as the Google tutorial, but i wonder if you could treat OneDrive as a network drive and then use the Network files widget to view shared folders?

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/map-onedrive-network-drive

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Ok, so... here's a tutorial for embedding a Google Folder:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/google_folder_html

I bet any one of you could turn it into a widget.

With regards to OneDrive, it's a lot trickier.  We are speaking to Microsoft with this in mind, but it's not going to be as simple as the Google tutorial, but i wonder if you could treat OneDrive as a network drive and then use the Network files widget to view shared folders?

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/map-onedrive-network-drive

See I was wondering if it appears in FrogDrive why you cant just use the Shared Folders widget/Network Files widget to embed it!!!  But as we still don't have the integration set up here I couldn't play!!  Hopefully @mhamilton will be able to investigate!! :D

2 hours ago, ADT said:

@mhamilton out of interest did you have any issues setting up the One Drive Integration...  we are getting an error!!!

untitled.png

@Matt anyone at Frog got any ideas??

Tracy supported us through this and we have fully integrated OneDrive into our FrogDrives.  there is an initial syncing process that occurs for each user the first time they try to open the OneDrive in Frog Drive.  After that it is all smooth sailing.  Love the integration... just wish you COULD embed it like the Shared networks drive but that is not an option with that widget.

• Like 2

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:07, Graham Quince said:

I posted a link to the personal onedrive earlier, this is the business solution tutorial

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/map-onedrive-business-network-drive

Basically, you can set up OneDrive to sync to a network drive on your network server.  Then you can access your onedrive files in the Network Drive widget.

But that would mean duplicating files which we are trying to move away from!!  Granted it would be automatic........  but still duplication!! :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

@Graham Quince What's happening with this...  2 months later...  no news!!!  Come on...  it should be high on the list for letting O365 users fully integrate it into Frog to create/share resources both with staff and students!!  Moving for Individual OneDrives to Group Resources is where we are we need Frog to catch up!!

The API's are there just needs your time to get them implemented into Frog!!

>:(

Have to say I agree here.  Love the support from Frog but this was a bit of a tease by allowing us to share OneDrive files with Frog but then putting the breaks on as far as allowing them to be share IN frog with others.

• Like 1

I've been speaking to the development team.   In a nutshell, when we developed the initial integration Microsoft had not published their shared folder APIs and in development, they have only just done so really quite recently.

We have development planned to relook at the MS, but we've been busy building eportfolios, independent courses, forms, Connect for MATs, crystal menus etc...  There's only so many hours in a day and only so long we can push a dev before they meltdown.

It is important to us and we will get there.

• 3 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 17:02, Graham Quince said:

I've been speaking to the development team.   In a nutshell, when we developed the initial integration Microsoft had not published their shared folder APIs and in development, they have only just done so really quite recently.

We have development planned to relook at the MS, but we've been busy building eportfolios, independent courses, forms, Connect for MATs, crystal menus etc...  There's only so many hours in a day and only so long we can push a dev before they meltdown.

It is important to us and we will get there.

Its now September..................  :P