Form Widget

nward

11 minutes ago, ADT said:

I get ya....

See you think creating a form in FrogDrive would link the form to the one embedded to the page.... 

However it takes a copy when you embed it so if you were to update the one in FrogDrive it doesn't update the embedded version!!

Its a bit counter-intuitive!!!!

Yeah, I'm of a similar opinion.

The only problem is that, due to the fact that forms have been around for quite some time, the logistics are a little complicated at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Ashton Taylor said:

Yeah, I'm of a similar opinion.

The only problem is that, due to the fact that forms have been around for quite some time, the logistics are a little complicated at the moment.

Don't worry I know the history....  and how this update is a sticky plaster....  rather than a rebuild!! :P

@adamw @Ashton Taylor @Graham Quince

No doubt Quincy has filled you both in with some other bugs/limitations ive notices with the new features....

Not sure if I said I cant get a text box to hide?

And what about the ability to hide a row rather than having to hide each field...  im thinking of our Behaviour Report form where I want to hide a whole section (Only to be completed by pastoral staff - when we have the ability to edit data once its been submitted)!!!

Good Morning

I am playing round with the new form widget, is there a guide to the changes anywhere? Im trying to figure out the two step submisison. Also, am loving the date picker but why is it not possible to choose a date that has been and gone? I was hoping HR could use it for sick leave but that is filled out retrospectively so the date picker wont be of any use. 

Many thanks 

21 minutes ago, Ashton Taylor said:

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have around the new functionality.?

The date-picker issue was an unfortunate oversight and will be resolved in the next patch.

- Ash

Thanks Ash, much appreciated. When I was speaking to Frog at Bett they mentioned about the two step authentication, ie our sick leave forms need to be filled in and sent to SLT who then would ok it in the hidden box etc and it then needs sending to HR. Is that possible? 

1 hour ago, nward said:

Thanks Ash, much appreciated. When I was speaking to Frog at Bett they mentioned about the two step authentication, ie our sick leave forms need to be filled in and sent to SLT who then would ok it in the hidden box etc and it then needs sending to HR. Is that possible? 

Don't quote me but that is being looked at for the next round of Form updates!! Well it better be....... >:(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I was just trying to put together a form using the new layout options and date picker etc, but there seems to be no particular order in which the information gets exported out in.  I tried a couple of different times adding in questions in different orders etc to get them to export in the way that I wanted, but the Excel export had information at the end, for questions that were at the top of the form, and where I had used two or three columns in a form, there seemed to be no specific order for them to be on the export.

Any ideas?

Also, I called the support desk re the file upload bug, and was told I would be added to a ticket for the updates, but I haven't had an email about it yet.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Aimée13 said:

Hi all,

I was just trying to put together a form using the new layout options and date picker etc, but there seems to be no particular order in which the information gets exported out in.  I tried a couple of different times adding in questions in different orders etc to get them to export in the way that I wanted, but the Excel export had information at the end, for questions that were at the top of the form, and where I had used two or three columns in a form, there seemed to be no specific order for them to be on the export.

Any ideas?

Also, I called the support desk re the file upload bug, and was told I would be added to a ticket for the updates, but I haven't had an email about it yet.

Thanks

There are a few issues with this....  like when I export I was getting extra "Click to edit label:" fields...  and if you get a form to send an email it cuts off the data!!

8 minutes ago, Aimée13 said:

Hi all,

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is the first I'm hearing of it. I'll be sure to have a look and update you tomorrow.

Thank you for raising this.

4 minutes ago, ADT said:

There are a few issues with this....  like when I export I was getting extra "Click to edit label:" fields...  and if you get a form to send an email it cuts off the data!!

Would you mind explaining the data cut-off problem please?

2 minutes ago, Ashton Taylor said:

This is the first I'm hearing of it. I'll be sure to have a look and update you tomorrow.

Thank you for raising this.

Thanks - seems that there should be more of an order to get the results.

I also get the 'click to edit label' that @ADT gets, but I was less worried about that, than the random order of exported data.

4 minutes ago, Ashton Taylor said:

Would you mind explaining the data cut-off problem please?

So I have a form with 14 fields in....  when I get the form to email on submission... I get a email with only 10 of the fields...  and like Aimee says there aren't in order!!

Ive explained this all to @Graham Quince and forwarded emails!!

8 minutes ago, ADT said:

O and you cant hide text even when you have used the hide field check box!!

The "hide field" option for the freetext field was not something I was aware about, but I have managed to replicate it on my local dev instance. I have raised it with the support desk and will update you on this matter tomorrow.

@Aimée13

The "click to edit label" empty field is due to the richtext field you can drag onto a form being exported with the rest of the data.

I don't believe the fix I've put in for that will be in the patch but it will be in the release after that for sure.

In regards to the data cut-off, could you give me the name of the form so I can investigate further?

16 hours ago, Ashton Taylor said:

The "hide field" option for the freetext field was not something I was aware about, but I have managed to replicate it on my local dev instance. I have raised it with the support desk and will update you on this matter tomorrow.

@Aimée13

The "click to edit label" empty field is due to the richtext field you can drag onto a form being exported with the rest of the data.

I don't believe the fix I've put in for that will be in the patch but it will be in the release after that for sure.

In regards to the data cut-off, could you give me the name of the form so I can investigate further?

Hi Ashton,

I thought that might be what the empty field was, but as I say wasn't too worried about that as I can just delete the empty columns after export.  Happy to know a fix is on the way though.

I haven't experienced the data cut off as @ADT mentioned as I was just testing the form with one submission that I put through, I hadn't allowed a new layout form to be public.  My data was just all over the place in the export compared to the layout when using the two or three column options.  I don't have a form saved in this way as I had to revert it back to being all under one column.

Hi @nward,

We're aware of the requests for that feature, but it's not in the immediate roadmap.  What is currently being developed is the ability to edit entries and display the form results for the individual within the page.  We know there is a lot of interest in the two-step submission, but the forms system is quite a large system to unpack to add new functionality.

As I said, the next developments will allow you to get to the end result you're after, but not directly.  For instance, you could set up multiple leave request forms, one for each line manager.  When a staff member requests leave, this will email the line manager, who could then approve it by editing the entry.  The HR manager could then keep track of each form's results using the data viewer widget.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...