Disabling top menu link

Mark Ingram

Question

Hi,

I'm just starting out on frog learn and I'm having trouble disabling the top menu link so it can't be clicked on and was wandering whether this was possible? The sub menus work fine thanks to some help on the forums but I was hoping to just have a title on the top menu which can't then be clicked on or returns a false value??

Thanks Mark.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hi Mark,

I think you're saying that you don't want the top menu item to have it's own page.  Fair enough,, but unfortunately FrogLearn doesn't have the facility for that.   So, there's a couple of options:

1. There's a tutorial on the Community about using HTML to change how page links operate: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/frogcode-tutorials/external-links  I think if you include a blank "" for the forwarding page, the button should just be disabled

2. You can create a menu for the subpages using the Text widget and have that displayed on the top level page

3. Use the Nested Page widget to display the first subpage in the menu.  This way your users will assume the page loaded is the first subpage.

I'm sure this was one of the first requests made when FrogLearn was launched! It is daft that we still have to use work arounds to stop top menus linking to a page. Surely a quick fix could be included within the site builder to remove the link from individual top level pages?

For us we have many department websites with a pointless page for the top level page used only to hide of a list of sub category pages. We could add a menu using the text widget to each of these top level pages but when you are dealing with 10's of sites with potentially 100's of sub links this quickly becomes unmanageable!