Showing Detentions on FrogParent

C Wilson

Is it possible for FrogParent to display any detentions a student has been set alongside the individual behaviour and positive points it already shows?

There is murmurs at our school to get parents to use ClassCharts to view behaviour information as our new behaviour team and a member of SLT likes the idea of parents seeing which detentions their child(s) has been set. But of course I want parents to continue using our parent portal in Frog to view behaviour data so having detentions shown through there would be a big win!

There is a idea on the IdeasPortal which could use some more votes :) https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-356

Hi there, 

Sorry about the delay in responding. Just to let you know that I've pushed this under the nose of our MIS developers here and they are aware of it. Currently we don't export that data from SIMS, but it is something to bear in mind for the future.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is another way we can get this information into your platform, perhaps by some cleaver use of FrogCode? @Graham Quince

On 1/26/2018 at 15:30, C Wilson said:

Is it possible for FrogParent to display any detentions a student has been set alongside the individual behaviour and positive points it already shows?

There is murmurs at our school to get parents to use ClassCharts to view behaviour information as our new behaviour team and a member of SLT likes the idea of parents seeing which detentions their child(s) has been set. But of course I want parents to continue using our parent portal in Frog to view behaviour data so having detentions shown through there would be a big win!

There is a idea on the IdeasPortal which could use some more votes :) https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-356

Can SIMS export this data out, in the same way that you can do for teacher cover lessons?

On 01/02/2018 at 12:10, adamw said:

Hi there, 

Sorry about the delay in responding. Just to let you know that I've pushed this under the nose of our MIS developers here and they are aware of it. Currently we don't export that data from SIMS, but it is something to bear in mind for the future.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is another way we can get this information into your platform, perhaps by some cleaver use of FrogCode? @Graham Quince

Thanks for getting back to me... for a while I thought I wasn't making any sense!

It's good to hear the  MIS team are aware and hopefully it's something that can be implemented in the near future.

• 3 months later...

Hi @C Wilson

Just to let you know that I’m working on another solution at the moment.  

Blyth Bridge school approached me about using the assignment system to set detentions.  Basically we have a site called Detention and an HTML widget on the page which hides the hand-in button.

A teacher can use the Assign a Page to set a detention and their parents are alerted via Push notification.  And because the students can’t hand the work in, the detention remains visible in their calendar.  And because the detention is named as such, you can use Assignment Monitor to get analytics.

The school are helping me with a case study about this and we’ll be sharing soon.

Graham

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @C Wilson

Just to let you know that I’m working on another solution at the moment.  

Blyth Bridge school approached me about using the assignment system to set detentions.  Basically we have a site called Detention and an HTML widget on the page which hides the hand-in button.

A teacher can use the Assign a Page to set a detention and their parents are alerted via Push notification.  And because the students can’t hand the work in, the detention remains visible in their calendar.  And because the detention is named as such, you can use Assignment Monitor to get analytics.

The school are helping me with a case study about this and we’ll be sharing soon.

Graham

@Graham Quince that's brilliant! I just tested and I think that'll work well.

Just to check, I used the following on the site page which seems to be OK;

<style>
  div.complete-assignment {visibility: hidden;}
  div.activitycount {visibility: hidden;}
</style>

Is there anything else to do? Maybe hide the Hand-in button tooltip that triggers on page load?

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

Hi Andy,

As part of the reveal, I demonstrated a Behaviour Management site which can book students into detentions.  i'm on the look out for schools to help me develop this with the features you want.  Detentions are complicated and we might need to alter what we've been doing.  Blyth Bridge found that the assignment method wasn't ideal for them, but they are talking to me about what they might do with Forms.

Hi Graham,

We would be interested in developing this as we have  an in-house system that is run by someone who is retiring this year. Putting it into Frog through calendar items and/or notifications would be great. I am going to attempt to replicate what we do already using a form if possible. How can I access the behaviour management site, if I am permitted?

Andy

I've been playing around with showing Praise and Sanction images for our lower school.  I tried to find away to do this via SIMs but couldn't figure out a way. 

To get the Praise Images to work i have set up a series of Houses in Frog...  we don't have houses,... then i have a spreadsheet that takes the data from SIMs,.. marries it up via Admin Number to a Frog account....  i upload it once a week and Bobs your uncle!! ;) 

For the detention image i have had to use clubs...  the issue there is a kid can be in more than one club....  so it wont work the same as the house field... so i have to empty the club on a Friday to take them off detention!!

I would have preferred to have it all automated via the nightly Frog SIMs update....  but it wasn't to be!! 

We don't have Frog Parent..  but Quincy gave me a bit of code that would check what groups their kids are in and display the right certificate!!

image.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, A McDonald-Bowyer said:

Hi Graham,

We would be interested in developing this as we have  an in-house system that is run by someone who is retiring this year. Putting it into Frog through calendar items and/or notifications would be great. I am going to attempt to replicate what we do already using a form if possible. How can I access the behaviour management site, if I am permitted?

Andy

Hi Andy,

As soon as you have the full Parks release, i can install the existing behaviour "system" and we can talk from there.

Graham