Easy Access Widget

Marcus Goluch

Hi all,

So A while ago I was armed with a weapon, that weapon was the html widget and my target was the awful remote gateway system in frog. Sorry guys but the whole way you do it via my preferences just gets people not used to I.T confused.

So after some time with the html widget I finally managed to make a more intuitive remote access system, A while later I showed it to the guys over at frog who encouraged me to learn frog code and made a more refined widget out of it.

So here it is, my first ever frog widget.

Easy Eacess

The way this plugin works is simple:

• Its a wide flat widget you insert into any page.
  • You configure the widget with the following settings
    • RDC Gateway IP / Port
    • User Domain for log in.
  • Users can change witch Remote Gateway rule they are using right from the widget.
  • Once a user clicks the connection button in the widget there selected remote connection rule is set and an rdp file is downloaded.
  • The download is a pre-configured remote desktop shortcut that when clicked will connect a user to a remote desktop session requiring only a password.

Thee main body of text is changeable from the widget options and there is an option for a seperate message to display to users who do not have any defined gateway rules.

Sadly I am unable to share this plugin by providing a download or anything, I am yet to figure out how to share my new package.

But it would be nice to know what you guys think.

chrome_2018-01-24_15-37-41.png

Edited by Chris Goluch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the bit where the little girl in me gets loud and excited about people using my cool new widget.

@Graham Quinceplease note that the url 'https://www.frogeducation.com' takes me ages to load no matter where i attempt to access it from. 90% of the time the page times out, this has been doing that for at least the last 2 weeks. I have also tried from home as well as on site, I think the website may be having issues.

Edited by Chris Goluch

• 1 month later...

So, next week I will be testing an update for this package that should hopefully be ready for @Graham Quinceto repackage next Wednesday.

Here are the changes:

• In the widgets settings is now an option to enable / disable copy paste redirection for the rdc session.
  • Gateway rules can now be given an order of priority on the drop down menu by prefixing the rules title with (<integer>) e.g "(2)Users Gateway Rule".
  • Prefixes are removed from the drop down menu, the lowest value always comes first and 0 will always be the default selected option.
  • If a rule is not prefixed but the rules name matches the users name or the users display name it will be priority 0.

Let me know if their is anything else you guys would like to see added to this, I shall have Quincy post the updated package next week.

Thank you all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...