Frog extractor to update users email address - Ideas Portal

clangstaff

Currently the Frog extractor doesn't update a users email address if one has already been imported.

This causes lots of issues as parent email addresses often update within SIMS or were initially incorrect in SIMS but these changes are not reflected in Frog. Parents are then unable to receive email notifications or to reset their password if forgotten.

Link below if you'd like to vote for this on the ideas portal.

https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-1261

@Graham Quince Tagging you in case you have a quick fix or can quickly drive this one!

• Like 1

So in Frog Learn the extractor doesn't update email address during the SIMs nightly update........  you what???  But it does in Frog 3!!!

Sorry clangstaff not very helpful I know but I just keep hearing of things Froglearn doesn't do yet Frog 3 can and think...  why am I trying to move to Froglearn only!! O.o

2 hours ago, ADT said:

So in Frog Learn the extractor doesn't update email address during the SIMs nightly update........  you what???  But it does in Frog 3!!!

Sorry clangstaff not very helpful I know but I just keep hearing of things Froglearn doesn't do yet Frog 3 can and think...  why am I trying to move to Froglearn only!! O.o

This doesn't sound right. I've had a word with our MIS guru and he's fairly certain that we pull out whatever is marked in SIMS as the parents 'primary' email address. Since the email addresses are already in Frog, we know that  the extract is working. There should be no reason why they don't update.

He's going to look into this and see if there's an issue that we're currently unaware of.

I'll get back to you if he manages to dig anything up.

• Like 1

@Adam Thanks for the response and for looking into this - I did question this with the servicedesk some time ago and was told it just didn't update and I'd have to do this by exporting the users and re-importing (which I don't have the time to look at right now).

I was initially testing this with a student account who seemed to have his parents email address in Frog rather than their own. The parents email address was added to the student email field in SIMS as an administrative error some time ago (this happened to a lot of students at the time) but when removed from SIMS nothing has been updated on Frog despite the student having their correct email address in SIMS now.

@savillecj Thanks for teh response - just to confirm is the requirement both 'Main' and 'Primary'? 

This student was set to 'Main' but not 'Primary' on changing to primary the email address has come across so that has resolved the issue. We use main for another function but have never required primary - it may be worth relaying this info out to schools.